video capture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video capture

i am trying to set up video capture so that I can connect a device, such as a video game console, to my notebook... don't ask why, cause its more trivial than any ideas that just popped into your head

has anyone done it? any decent capture software suggestions that allow for fullscreen playback?

currently struggling against the heap of sucky products out there...
    if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

This may seem a little obvious, but you need to get a PC Card that is capable of capturing video. Generally, the size of the capture for streaming video is dependant on the hardware you buy. For my workstation I just bought a WinTV card. It will capture, as well as allow you to watch TV on you machine. It was like $30 on ebay. I got that one because it uses the bt chipset that is easily supported on FreeBSD, my OS of choice. The one I got is PCI, but I bet someone out there makes something similar in PC Card format. If not I'm pretty sure you can get a "real" capture device, but it will most likely be more expensive, unless you have a way to liberate such hardware more freely.

Free all that hardware locked up in those office buildings, it will be grateful to you.

simple

note: i do not advocate stealing, only liberating wrongfully held property from the cruel sobs that want to keep it all to themselves

Comment

right, I'm trying to figure out which seems to work well enough that I don't have to write the software myself for functionality
      if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Re: video capture

Originally posted by c0nv3r9
        i am trying to set up video capture so that I can connect a device, such as a video game console, to my notebook... don't ask why, cause its more trivial than any ideas that just popped into your head

has anyone done it? any decent capture software suggestions that allow for fullscreen playback?

currently struggling against the heap of sucky products out there...
        Dazzle's DV-Editor for Notebook Computers provides the easiest way to capture, edit and share videos from your DV camcorder

Their products are decent if not top of the line (i.e. they function as promised, but not beyond).

justazero -
        "Skepticism, like chastity, should not be relinquished too readily."
        - George Santayana

Comment

Working...
        X