Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auction two 24x36 framed prints for EFF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auction two 24x36 framed prints for EFF?

I'm having two of my Urban Exploration photos professionally printed in small poster size (24x36) with the intention of framing them once I get to Vegas to put them on display in the room during my talk.

(Shameless self plug, for context: https://defcon.org/html/defcon-16/dc...l#Phreakmonkey )

Anyhow... I really don't have any good way to transport these back to Atlanta. I'll already have enough money in them, I'd rather not bother paying to ship them back when it's all said and done.

So I was thinking - maybe donate them to the EFF after the talk for a silent auction or something to that effect? Nikita suggested I contact Chris here to ask, but I figured it couldn't hurt to put it out there for the community in case anyone had any suggestions. Of course, I guess it would be up to the EFF as well, they may not want to be associated with my photography. :-P

Thoughts?
    - K.C. (aka phreakmonkey)

Re: Auction two 24x36 framed prints for EFF?

EFF will take them!! Thanks

Originally posted by phreakmonkey View Post
    I'm having two of my Urban Exploration photos professionally printed in small poster size (24x36) with the intention of framing them once I get to Vegas to put them on display in the room during my talk.

(Shameless self plug, for context: https://defcon.org/html/defcon-16/dc...l#Phreakmonkey )

Anyhow... I really don't have any good way to transport these back to Atlanta. I'll already have enough money in them, I'd rather not bother paying to ship them back when it's all said and done.

So I was thinking - maybe donate them to the EFF after the talk for a silent auction or something to that effect? Nikita suggested I contact Chris here to ask, but I figured it couldn't hurt to put it out there for the community in case anyone had any suggestions. Of course, I guess it would be up to the EFF as well, they may not want to be associated with my photography. :-P

Thoughts?
    - K.C. (aka phreakmonkey)
    +++ Dallas +++

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
      EFF will take them!! Thanks
      Awesomeness. :) I'll come by the booth.

Comment

The Summit Party on Thursday night would be the place to do it, they've had auctions for items before as part of the fund raiser.

Comment

Totally agree, lets auction them at the EFF Fundraiser.

Originally posted by [Syntax] View Post
          The Summit Party on Thursday night would be the place to do it, they've had auctions for items before as part of the fund raiser.
          +++ Dallas +++

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
            Totally agree, lets auction them at the EFF Fundraiser.
            Okay... as long as I get to hold on to them until after my talk on Saturday at 3. :-P

Let me know when/where the EFF fundraiser is &etc. I'll be at BlackHat Thursday during the day, and I was kicking around going to the toxic BBQ after that, but I'm flexible.

Comment

The Summit is in the "Top of the Riv" at DEF CON. We will have posters near registration and along the hall ways to guild everyone to the right spot at penthouse in Monaco towers.
              "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Working...
              X