Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Checking in.... who is Back from Con....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Checking in.... who is Back from Con....?

Hey there,
    just saying I survived an elevator, taxi, escalator, TSA, airplane, bus, and 4x4 to get home. Will check back here later.

Who else is home?
    ======================================
    DJ Jackalope
    dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!

Re: Just Checking in.... who is Back from Con....?

Drank DT's booze till 0330. Got up 0730 to pack and go to the airport. Realized I was still drunk. Sobered up on the plane.

I'm currently considering this DEFCON a win because the whole thing just seemed like one really long Wednesday.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
      Hey there,
      just saying I survived an elevator, taxi, escalator, TSA, airplane, bus, and 4x4 to get home. Will check back here later.

Who else is home?

Got in at 1am this morning....I was worried that the DC badge would get confiscated but it made it too!
      Love the "Live at Stars" CD 'lope!!

Comment

back for an hour or two now.. body is readjusting to the lack of boozes
        if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by Padre View Post
          Got in at 1am this morning....I was worried that the DC badge would get confiscated but it made it too!
          Love the "Live at Stars" CD 'lope!!
          *blushes!* thank you!

I'm trying to decide on if i want to take a nap, go to sleep for the night, or just unpack until I pass out...
          DJ Jackalope

send in the drop bears!

Comment

I got back last night, I left a little early. (Work this morning and all that)

Anyhow, I had not been to DefCon since '04 and I have to say this was a blast. No standing outside in the heat, lots of coffee and food choices available, and big rooms for talks.

It did not have that cozy feel the AP had, but with the numbers growing, this was a good move.

I missed the DefCon shoot due to scheduling. It is on my schedule for next year.

I am sorry I did not get the memo about tinfoil hats being a last year thing, since I missed last year, but yes I was the guy with the foil rabbit looking hat........

Thanks to the DefCon crew (goons, planners, network, music, lighting, et al) I came home pumped and looking forward to next year!
            "Shop smart, Shop S-Mart"

Comment

Back and working on recovery. Many I would like to thank for the Con this year.

Good times.
              If a chicken and a half, can lay an egg and a half, in a day and a half... how long would it take a monkey, with a wooden leg, to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?

Comment

Home now+1

Comment

We made it back, though we did have a run in with some of Eagle County's fine law enforcement officials, long story short: we refused a search, they decided they smelled pot and searched with dogs, and the good ol fashioned way but all they found was a shotgun but no drugs. Fairly nice officers though, even had the following conversation with one of them.

Cop: So what do you need the shotgun for ?
                  Me: Well, its a long drive, I've seen enough horror movies, and honestly I worry about zombies
                  Cop: (cracks a smile) Completely Understandable
                  I like puppies

Comment

I survived my 10 minute delay in LAX :) other than that I made it back to NY ok.

Oh, and awesome CON!

Comment

I survived a night drive from Vegas back to Phoenix.

It was a lot of fun, thanks for the good times guys!

Jackalope: I'll move the cam once I get in to school.

Comment

Home safely here after a dozen days away for BH/DC. My longest stay in Vegas ever, that's for sure.

I have to say that i really (knock on wood) have the TSA/airport thing down to a science. I was traveling with more guns than ever before this year (due to the shoot) and still had no issues. I hadn't even gotten to clean them so there was residue all the fuck over everything.

A new experience... LAS airport was so busy that they did no secondary screening in front of me. (If you've seen my Packing and the Friendly Skies talk, you'll know what that means) they just took the bags on the belt and said "we'll page you if there is a problem"

Smooth sailing and no worries there and back. Like noid, i think this felt mostly like a long mid-week time... no extremes of asshattery like on weekends. We do certainly need more open bars, however.
                        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                        - Trent Reznor

Comment

I'm trying to find Cotman or some mod to give us a "post defcon 16" thread on the main page, but no such luck. I want to start a thank you and f-u thread on there when its up... but... doesn't mean we can't start that in the pre-defcon thread as well and just move it..

Anyone got some shout outs? start the thread.
                          DJ Jackalope

send in the drop bears!

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
                            I'm trying to find Cotman or some mod to give us a "post defcon 16" thread on the main page, but no such luck. I want to start a thank you and f-u thread on there when its up... but... doesn't mean we can't start that in the pre-defcon thread as well and just move it..

Anyone got some shout outs? start the thread.
                            Created. Old thread moved, with redirection.
                            Last edited by TheCotMan; August 12, 2008, 11:12.

Comment

Still not home - I got stuck at JFK for at least 12 hours while they canceled every flight 5 by 5 to keep the re-ticketing lines medium-sized, with the lies "bad weather", so I just decided to hop a train to DC for the week instead.

Question: worst airport/airline you've ever taken? Mine is JFK(arrived to see a half-dead mouse hop around for half an hour before a custodian threw it in the trash of all places)/(and I don't know if I should hate Delta or not), where before this trip it would have been Newark (always 3+ hours late)/US Airways (lose my bags every time).
                              lurking...somewhere

Comment

Working...
                              X