Gag order lifted on MIT students

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gag order lifted on MIT students

So you've probably all heard about the cancelled "Anatomy of a Subway Hack" talk. It appears the gag order has been allowed to expire on the three MIT Students involved.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-100....html?hhTest=1

Re: Gag order lifted on MIT students

Originally posted by neil View Post
    So you've probably all heard about the cancelled "Anatomy of a Subway Hack" talk. It appears the gag order has been allowed to expire on the three MIT Students involved.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-100....html?hhTest=1
    Of course, now that Defcon is over...
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Maybe they fixed all the 0-days :)

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

but um.... didn't we all get the PP on the CD.. anyway .. or do they not know that their are at least 4k copies

Comment

While I understand the cities need to protect their system, this legal bs need not fly.

Next time this happens, we need to have a group who can and will go ahead and release this in multiple forms - video, similar presentations, ect.

I wonder what would have happened if one of us had been brought up to speed on the flaws and did a theoretical presentation the next day of defcon, never mentioning the city or type of transportation.

Its stupid that legal maneuvering was able to restrict their right to free speech.

Originally posted by paint View Post
          but um.... didn't we all get the PP on the CD.. anyway .. or do they not know that their are at least 4k copies
          +++ Dallas +++

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
            Its stupid that legal maneuvering was able to restrict their right to free speech.
            just like during large-scale protests in urban centers (like against the war, for Roe v Wade, etc etc etc) when cops will round up huge numbers of people under questionable circumstances and just keep them locked up for 24 or 48 hours, until the demonstrations are over, then drop all charges and release them. i wish it were easier to ask for redress of grievances against the city under those circumstances.

timing is so key in many matters of important speech and communication... and if you can disrupt someone's talk even for just a few days often that has a dramatic impact on them due to changes in audience interest, press attention, etc.
            "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
            - Trent Reznor

Comment

Working...
            X