Photos from the DEFCON Shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos from the DEFCON Shoot

So... i've finished up the truly monumental task of sorting out and thumbnailing and HTML-ing all the photos that i and other people took at this year's DEFCON Shoot. i'm an ar-tard so i do this by hand (there must be some software out there, i assume) so i have to say that was a marathon.

so they're all up now and can be found at the bottom section of the Unofficial DEFCON Shoot page. (you can follow the "wow" link)

rik and pychi both seem to be fans of multi-shot photography, i think... so there are many images that all may look alike but are slightly different. there is one moment where that paid major dividends, however... his capture of bill's bursting of a watermelon!

my videos from that day are also there, too.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: Photos from the DEFCON Shoot

For the record, some of my favorite shots of that day from the other two photographers (rik and pychi) were the following...

and of course there's the truly awesome footage of bill simply vaporizing an orange in the "single shot" category of the target destruction contest...

"I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

Working...
    X