Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comcast Is Going To Come To Your Home and Beat You Up

Source EWeek.

Comcast said it was setting a monthly data usage threshold of 250 gigabytes per account for all residential high-speed Internet customers, or the equivalent of 50 million e-mails or 124 standard-definition movies.

"If a customer exceeds more than 250 GB and is one of the heaviest data users who consume the most data on our high-speed Internet service, he or she may receive a call from Comcast's Customer Security Assurance (CSA) group to notify them of excessive use," according to the company's updated Frequently Asked Questions on Excessive Use.

Customers who top 250 GB in a month twice in a six-month timeframe could have service terminated for a year.

You will be throttled by Comcast; ouchy. 250GB/month; I wonder how much pr0n that is. :-) Anyway if you haven't switched to business you mite want to consider doing so. No worries, and no complaints here.

Linky Thingy

xor
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Re: Comcast Is Going To Come To Your Home and Beat You Up

Comcast wont come to your house and beat you up. They'll do it from remote with their horrible commercials.

I still enjoy the fact that you and I have the same entertainment center.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Originally posted by xor View Post
      if you haven't switched to business you mite want to consider doing so.
      while i'm not a fan of forcing people to move to a different grade of service or to change the way they are doing things (and pay more in the process) i must say that i'm not as pissed about the new Comcast deal as some folks are.

in truth, there has always been a "power users" category for a long time that customers can opt for with Comcast. it's their least expensive business class service (i think called Home Office or some such) and it is perfect for most of us.

for just a little bit more per month you get a fixed IP, permission to open all ports, and a semi-decent home router that you can log into and do all sorts of funky port forwarding, etc.

i mentioned this in another thread somewhere, actually... and remarked how impressed that i was that Comcast has a whole well-established process to upgrade someone's account, particularly if they have been shut off or port-blocked. if you say you want to sign up for the business service, even if it's after hours or on a weekend, the sales rep can issue a directive to have your ports re-opened (like, if you were running an in house mail server) and keep you functional in anticipation of the upgrade.
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by noid View Post
        Comcast wont come to your house and beat you up. They'll do it from remote with their horrible commercials.

I still enjoy the fact that you and I have the same entertainment center.
        IKEA or the cats on top of the cable box :-). Love IKEA, have a bunch of book shelves for my many computer reference books.

xor
        Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

Working...
        X