Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unlock your doors over your Smartphone!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Unlock your doors over your Smartphone!

    Hey y'all --

    Schlage has developed a door lock that one can manipulate over the internet. Comments found on:

    http://www.schneier.com/blog/archive...ing_doors.html

    device found here:

    http://treocentral.com/content/Stories/1999-1.htm

    I am wondering what our forum lock picking mavens have to say about this...

    Regards,

    valkyrie

    ______________________
    sapere aude

  • #2
    Re: Unlock your doors over your Smartphone!

    Originally posted by valkyrie View Post
    I am wondering what our forum lock picking mavens have to say about this...
    So far, this and this.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Unlock your doors over your Smartphone!

      Thank you Voltage Spike --

      I am not worthy to access the first link: something about my not being worthy to access the first link. :-)

      I saw DO's post back in May. This is supposed to be a new improved, yada, yada, yada.

      I hope he can snag one of these. I would love to pick it apart and see how it is "supposed" to work.

      Regards,

      valkyrie

      ___________________________________________
      sapere aude

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Unlock your doors over your Smartphone!

        Originally posted by Voltage Spike View Post
        So far, this and this.
        Originally posted by valkyrie View Post
        I am not worthy to access the first link: something about my not being worthy to access the first link. :-)
        If you get a permission problem with one of those links, you can fix that by logging in, and adding the usergroup "All_Social" to your group memberships. This opens up the forum "/dev/random" which allows for fewer restrictions and fewer rules with more off-topic content. It is user-join-able and user-leave-able so users can determine their own thresholds of content.

        This usergroup membership is also described here.

        The same usergroup controls also exist to allow you to make all of the US and non-US DCG forums "disappear" or appear, or make them all disappear except one.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Unlock your doors over your Smartphone!

          When a foot or good thrust (not from your wife) don't get it, the best damn lockpick is

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Unlock your doors over your Smartphone!

            Originally posted by Greyhatter View Post
            When a foot or good thrust (not from your wife) don't get it, the best damn lockpick is
            Sorry, but based on my experiences, must I disagree. A chainsaw us much too slow. To do it quickly and effectively, this is what you need.

            A 12 ga. shotgun, firing .50 cal sabots at the hinges and lock, also works well.


            Back to the subject at hand: I still want to get a couple of these Schlage electronic locks to play with, as I have some ideas on several potential vulnerabilities. I'd like to see whether the attacks I have in mind will work, or if Schlage thought about them.
            Last edited by Thorn; September 27, 2008, 12:27.
            Thorn
            "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Unlock your doors over your Smartphone!

              Originally posted by Thorn View Post
              Sorry, but based on my experiences, must I disagree. A chainsaw us much too slow. To do it quickly and effectively, this is what you need.
              Yep, baby steps. Duh, the door ram first and used by obiding law officials everywhere in a hurry to save us all. In my hood I don't call 911. SFAQL

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Unlock your doors over your Smartphone!

                Originally posted by valkyrie View Post
                Thank you Voltage Spike --

                I am not worthy to access the first link: something about my not being worthy to access the first link. :-)
                You just need the secret handshake. Eventually you will find a bottle of Jolt(sorry no blue pill red pill here) on your night table. You must drink it and soon after you crash from the sugar and caffeine you will pass out and wake up in an old Gateway server cow box. You will then be given the initiation. During the initiation as you are struck from behind by an Apple Keyboard you must utter these words over and over and over again; thank you Mark Shuttleworth may I have another. Only then will you get access.

                xor
                Last edited by xor; September 27, 2008, 13:07.
                Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Unlock your doors over your Smartphone!

                  I still have my secret decoder ring!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Unlock your doors over your Smartphone!

                    Originally posted by xor View Post
                    You just need the secret handshake. Eventually you will find a bottle of Jolt(sorry no blue pill red pill here) on your night table. You must drink it and soon after you crash from the sugar and caffeine you will pass out and wake up in an old Gateway server cow box. You will then be given the initiation. During the initiation as you are struck from behind by an Apple Keyboard you must utter these words over and over and over again; thank you Mark Shuttleworth may I have another. Only then will you get access.

                    xor
                    The older plastic ones right? No one in their right mind would ruin one of the new ones.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X