Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Korea (Planning a trip to: people to meet? things to do?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chak Yi
    replied
    Re: Korea (Planning a trip to: people to meet? things to do?)

Originally posted by cjunky View Post
    Thanks for all the great responses!

Val: I already managed to wander into the market once. I was looking for a USB stick. I didnt find one, but i did manage to loose two hours ;)

CP: I havent IRC'd in a loong time :) I guess ill have to dust off my epic.

DT:Awesome! ill have to try and make sure im there while you are!

XOR: I dont think you have to look too far for the nearest rub n tug. Im based in Seoul's financial district and there's atleast 4 on every block! in some places theres 3 or 4 on the same street. It appears to be significantly harder to find things like USB sticks.

Cj

where are you? this is in Yoido, Seoul.. :)

Leave a comment:

• DaKahuna
    replied
    Re: Korea

Originally posted by xor View Post
    Shrimp, onion rings, C&W; WTF!!! we want directions to the nearest rub and tug
    They are called "steam and cream" in Korea I believe, or is that only in Pusan?

Leave a comment:

• xor
    replied

Val: I already managed to wander into the market once. I was looking for a USB stick. I didnt find one, but i did manage to loose two hours ;)

XOR: I dont think you have to look too far for the nearest rub n tug. Im based in Seoul's financial district and there's atleast 4 on every block! in some places theres 3 or 4 on the same street. It appears to be significantly harder to find things like USB sticks.

Cj
    Sorry man, the movie FMJ has ruined an entire generation of men. We all secretly want to hear those famous words. One of the 2 things that movie taught me. The second being that enlisting in the Marines is something that should not be taken lightly.

xor

Leave a comment:

• cjunky
    replied

Cj

Leave a comment:

• xor
    replied

Originally posted by valkyrie View Post
    CJ --

Awesome! Okie. Two places. The first is the Naija Hotel. Great bar and really good food.

Second, I don't know where you are in Seoul, but find your way to the base of the hill in Itewon. It will be about 4 blocks up from the north gate of the US Army base there.
    Go to the top of the hill (stop at the vendor on the right hand side about half way up the hill to get some really good deep fried shrimps and onion rings for about 2.00 USD).
    At the top of the hill, directly in front of you there is a country western bar. Tell Jack and Scouse hello for me. It is quite a fun place to hang out.

yes, they have livers bigger than yours...:-D

Regards,

valkyrie

xor

Leave a comment:

• Vyrus
    replied

talk to lost, he speaks fluent Korean i believe

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Tangent
    replied

CJ!

Cool!

I should be there next month for PoC hacking convention run by Vangelis. I can introduce you to all sorts of S.K. hackers, and yes, some can drink quite a bit!

Leave a comment:

• CP99
    replied

cjunky, there was a whole mess of people from Seoul who played in oCTF this year.

Just go to Seoul and look for these guys. :P

You can get in touch with one of them in our IRC. (see sig)

Leave a comment:

• valkyrie
    replied

Originally posted by valkyrie View Post
    CJ --

Awesome! Okie. Two places. The first is the Naija Hotel. Great bar and really good food.

Second, I don't know where you are in Seoul, but find your way to the base of the hill in Itewon. It will be about 4 blocks up from the north gate of the US Army base there.
    Go to the top of the hill (stop at the vendor on the right hand side about half way up the hill to get some really good deep fried shrimps and onion rings for about 2.00 USD).
    At the top of the hill, directly in front of you there is a country western bar. Tell Jack and Scouse hello for me. It is quite a fun place to hang out.

Regards,

valkyrie
    Oh, and CJ, keep to the right, you want to go through the market, not on the left around it. And don't mind the skinned puppies and keep your hands in your pockets. You will understand that caution once you get there... :-) Have an absolute blast! Korea rocks!

Leave a comment:

• valkyrie
    replied

Streaker: yes, but i did say people with livers similar size to mine. Not people the same size as my liver.

Val: Seoul

cj
    CJ --

Regards,

valkyrie

Leave a comment:

• cjunky
    replied

Streaker: yes, but i did say people with livers similar size to mine. Not people the same size as my liver.

Val: Seoul

cj

Leave a comment:

• valkyrie
    replied

ok somehow ive ended up moving to south korea for a bit.

anyone know anyone out there?

preferably someone with a liver as big as mine. ;)

cj
    Cjunky:

Where in south Korea? Pusan? Namsan? Iteawon? Let me know.

Regards,

Valkyrie

Leave a comment:

• streaker69
    replied

cj
    I hear there's this little guy named Kim, just a little north of you that enjoys a good drink from time to time.

Leave a comment:

• Korea (Planning a trip to: people to meet? things to do?)

cj
Working...
X