No announcement yet.

How has technology changed real estate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How has technology changed real estate?

I spoke to a real estate agent, and she mentioned the new way in which houses are locked. When I was in real estate the combination to the lock to enter the home for viewing was the last four numbers of the listing agents phone number.

Now they have something that she called a Supra that tracks your time in and out and sends a report to the listing agent.

Anything else going on that is interesting?

Thanks,

Seramai
    Last edited by seramai; November 12, 2008, 21:32.

Re: How has technology changed real estate?

Originally posted by seramai View Post
    they have something that she called a Supra that tracks your time in and out and sends a report to the listing agent. Anything else going on that is interesting?
    i've been fascinated with real estate locking devices for quite some time.

as you can see on this page, there exists a really wide range of products in that realm, from simple combination or pushbutton models to locks that actually perform some sort of challenge/response with a device that an agent carries on their person.

a while back when i had a thing going with a woman who was in real estate, we would often rendezvous at homes which she was showing if we wanted a little time alone. (neither of us really had a lot of privacy where we were living at the time.) i was always totally fascinated by those units, and i recall us making the decision to only pass the time in houses that used older locks... since the newer ones had some degree of tracking in their logic.

i've been meaning to take these apart for some time and see how each of them works. heh, i should really do that now. thanks for reminding me, hehe.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
      i've been fascinated with real estate locking devices for quite some time.

as you can see on this page, there exists a really wide range of products in that realm, from simple combination or pushbutton models to locks that actually perform some sort of challenge/response with a device that an agent carries on their person.

a while back when i had a thing going with a woman who was in real estate, we would often rendezvous at homes which she was showing if we wanted a little time alone. (neither of us really had a lot of privacy where we were living at the time.) i was always totally fascinated by those units, and i recall us making the decision to only pass the time in houses that used older locks... since the newer ones had some degree of tracking in their logic.

i've been meaning to take these apart for some time and see how each of them works. heh, i should really do that now. thanks for reminding me, hehe.
      Deviant, I just posted some info on the TOOOL Forums about one of these series of devices. The particular devices I reference may have a very specific vulnerability.
      Thorn
      "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

Like the virtual agent from Robo Cop x.

xor
        Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

zillow.com certainly provides a revolutionary way to look at a given market. I can name some specifics but I would suggest checking it out for yourself. It's really nifty.
          45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
          45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
          [ redacted ]

Comment

Thank you all for your help. I will work these comments into my paper.

Comment

Working...
            X