Quark's Back in time for Con?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quark's Back in time for Con?

So it looks like Star Trek the Experience may be reopening over a Neonopolis which isn't all that far from the Riv. They are trying to open in time for the new movie premier in May but it may be closer to con in Late July. Warp Core breeches here we come.

Details here: http://trekmovie.com/2008/11/07/more...he-experience/

Re: Quark's Back in time for Con?

/me hugs P33V3

Yeah, this is good news. Both h3 and I have not been able to attend the last two years because of travel dates and whatnot, but if all goes well...well it will be good.

Originally posted by P33V3 View Post
    So it looks like Star Trek the Experience may be reopening over a Neonopolis which isn't all that far from the Riv. They are trying to open in time for the new movie premier in May but it may be closer to con in Late July. Warp Core breeches here we come.

Details here: http://trekmovie.com/2008/11/07/more...he-experience/
    "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

I can't believe I missed this news. You have made my day. Thank you!

Comment

Thank god...I can finally drink a warp core breech legally! Oh, how I have waited for this day to come.
        The dude abides.

Comment

hmmm, about 8 minutes driving, hour and a half on the bus (taking into account walking distances), or roughly 1 minute, 45 seconds by las vegas taxi... i suppose there had to be something to get me to go back to freemont st.
          "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

Comment

Here's an update for everyone looks like it will be open on May 8th at least the bar will and that's what we all care about anyway.
            http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009...e-bedfellowsh/

Comment

Yanking up old thread with quality of information exceeding age of thread:

Another update on this URL1 (May 5, 2009)
              Originally posted by url1
              ... plans to open phases of Star Trek Experience at Neonopolis ... May 8 -- have been beamed to some far-off galaxy. The Experience won’t open until 2010 at the earliest...
              Originally posted by url1
              For the foreseeable future, Neonopolis will be absent a movie theater and without any semblance of its Star Trek attraction.
              url2 (Jun. 02, 2009)
              Originally posted by url2
              "Del Prado is one of the few remaining tenants in Neonopolis, a troubled downtown mall that recently added the loss of air conditioning to its list of problems."
              Joshi and others say they hope to have Star Trek up and running by May 2010.
              No mention of gift shop or bar like Quarks.

And of course, wikipedia URL with the obvious note "reader beware" of inaccuracies:
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neonopolis
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_The_Experience

Comment

Originally posted by Xodia View Post
                Thank god...I can finally drink a warp core breech legally! Oh, how I have waited for this day to come.
                about time! I'm in for a round.
                If a chicken and a half, can lay an egg and a half, in a day and a half... how long would it take a monkey, with a wooden leg, to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?

Comment

Originally posted by goathead View Post
                  about time! I'm in for a round.
                  Sorry, the latest information on this is that there is no Quarks. Postponed to 2010, maybe.

Comment

We dont need quarks!

Here is the warp core recipe, and Here is the bowl.
                    Of course its fully cooked... we had it set on "linen".

Comment

Originally posted by Salem View Post
                      We dont need quarks!

Here is the warp core recipe, and Here is the bowl.
                      Also on the recipe page they have a number of videos taken on the closing day of the STE; including last call at Quark's...instant nostalgia.

Al
                      "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

Working...
                      X