Riviera Food Court Closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riviera Food Court Closed

First the Splash Bar closes, then The Riviera CLOSES THE FOOD COURT?

Details of report here:
    http://groups.google.com/group/alt.v...18ad6964a599a#

Can a Las Vegas local confirm this?
    --bc,

Re: Riviera Food Court Closed

UPDATE:

I just got a local report saying that the food court is "half" open.
    --bc,

Comment

Originally posted by big chopper View Post
      First the Splash Bar closes, then The Riviera CLOSES THE FOOD COURT?

Details of report here:
      http://groups.google.com/group/alt.v...18ad6964a599a#

Can a Las Vegas local confirm this?
      --bc,

You have eaten there right? Is it such a bad thing that it closed? The food really wasn't good enough to lament its closing.

Comment

Originally posted by P33V3 View Post
        You have eaten there right? Is it such a bad thing that it closed? The food really wasn't good enough to lament its closing.
        I disagree. Because of the shifts some of us have to work at DEF CON getting away for longer than 30 minutes at a pop is often not feasible. It's nice to be able to swing by the food court and have several different choices of food. Not the best, but a shitload better than the Alexis Park.
        perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
          I disagree. Because of the shifts some of us have to work at DEF CON getting away for longer than 30 minutes at a pop is often not feasible. It's nice to be able to swing by the food court and have several different choices of food. Not the best, but a shitload better than the Alexis Park.
          Sounds like a job for Siviak's Monkey Butlers. Hey! All of you who are asking about volunteering? How about volunteering to go and get food for the red shirts? May not be as sexy as say, working in the NOC, but it serves a higher purpose.

Regards,

valkyrie
          __________________________________________________ ____________
          sapere aude

Comment

True! We do need more of those helper monkeys. If a goon catches me running around, there is a strong chance I have snacks/food/drinks/ect in my magical bag. I like to make sure they are well fed... or else they might get cranky.

I did enjoy randomly having gelatto and Chinese food during the day.

We demand more helper monkeys!!
            Amber
            Your Friendly Aristocrat Bartender

Comment

Not that the food court was that awesome to begin with, the current signage indicates that they are rebuilding for a better food court ... curious how that turns out. fwiw, there's still pizza and subway at good ol circus circus.

Bistro bar has all the notable bartenders from the Splash bar, atmosphere is just not the same.
              if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Hey Verge, they were already working on the new stuff , didn't you see it last week?

LosT

Comment

Well Im usually at the hotel about 4-5 days and eat at the food court maybe twice. For those interested, I'll make a recommendation. Theres a small Thai place about a block north across from Stratosphere, kinda hidden across from a motel parking lot. Food is great, prices are good, and they are open until like 3am or something.

Circus Circus has really changed out a lot of their restaurants in the last few years. I haven't tried any of the new places.
                  A Steak Place, Deli, Mexicali or something, The pizza place, and the same old buffet they've always had.. Also Krispy Kreme.

Comment

Originally posted by [Syntax] View Post
                    Well Im usually at the hotel about 4-5 days and eat at the food court maybe twice. For those interested, I'll make a recommendation. Theres a small Thai place about a block north across from Stratosphere, kinda hidden across from a motel parking lot. Food is great, prices are good, and they are open until like 3am or something.

Circus Circus has really changed out a lot of their restaurants in the last few years. I haven't tried any of the new places.
                    A Steak Place, Deli, Mexicali or something, The pizza place, and the same old buffet they've always had.. Also Krispy Kreme.
                    There's also Ra Sushi about a half mile from the Riv which is pretty reasonable.

Comment

Peppermill also has decent food and ls located close to the Riv.
                      Don't sweat it -- it's not real life. It's only ones and zeroes. (Spaf)

Comment

Peppermill is expensive for what you get though.

Comment

heh, the old backuplan of PB&J isn't looking so bad at this point :3
                          "As Arthur C Clarke puts it, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic". Here is my corollary: "Any sufficiently technical expert is indistinguishable from a witch"."

Comment

Take granola bars or other food items. It can save you lots of $$$.

Kadys isn't too expensive either.

Comment

I gotta admit, UAT gives away apples at their booth and that has saved me more than once.

Comment

Working...
                              X