This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LayerOne 2009 - Pre-reg open!

After a minor delay, pre-registration for L1 2009 is open. Also, we have a few speaking slots left if you are interested in presenting. In the past a number of folks have used us for a 'dry run' before submitting papers to larger conferences such as this here Defcon thing.

Pre-Reg = 100 bucks
    Hotel (link on our site) = 99 a night

I'm even trying to work out a deal with Disneyland to get discounted tickets for those that are interested.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Re: LayerOne 2009 - Pre-reg open!

Awesome! I've always loved Layer1. At defcon I don't go to any talks, mostly because it's such a huge crowd, and there's so much other stuff I want to do. Layer1 is smaller so you can really interact with the speakers, and easily talk to them later on. Many of the same people who do talks at defcon do them at Layer1.

Plus, it's right across from disneyland this year, AND monday is a holiday! So stay an extra day and enjoy socal!

Kallahar
    --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

i had hoped to show up (due to a last minute change in my schedule) and bring along Gringo Warrior... maybe even give my "Flying with Firearms" talk if one of the remaining slots is still open. haven't heard back from Noid yet, however... brother, if you see this here on the forums reply to my email.
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

yes. show up. bring ginko warnior. also cookies.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Registered yesterday and can't wait! We'll be staying through Wednesday, so looking forward to seeing the sights.
          Aut disce aut discede

Comment

Originally posted by noid View Post
            yes. show up. bring ginko warnior. also cookies.
            all i'd ask is if people can lend a hand with the damn extra bag fee. even with my Silver status on USAir, i still get banged $100 for bringing a third bag. heh, maybe i'll have a donation bucket or something. either that, or possibly ship it beforehand. i'd be willing to bet that i can ship a case out there (even a 50 lb one) via ground service for under $100.

and cookies are not a problem... Daisy often either sends me along with them or surprises me with a shipment that arrives during the con.

btw... are you still looking to fill a remaining speaking slot? i'd love giving the Packing & the Friendly Skies presentation, since i'll be out there with loads of hardware anyway given that it's domestic travel.
            "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
            - Trent Reznor

Comment

If anyone shipping stuff wants to have it sent to 23b then we can get it to the hotel for ya (if you don't want to ship it direct to the hotel)

Msg me for the address.

Kallahar
              --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

Hey, I just got my plane ticket. Looking for a place to crash on Friday night. Was 1/2 considering getting my own room for Fri, not entirely sure yet.

I'll be around Thursday night - Monday early AM.
                ======================================
                DJ Jackalope
                dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
                ======================================

Comment

Hi Guys,

May I know how can I register for the Layer 1 2009? This is my first time attending Defcon. Is it possible to tell me how to register for the conference as well? Thanks.

Comment

First, layerone isnt DEFCON. They're two different conferences in two different locations.

Registering for LayerOne is as easy as going to http://www.layerone.info and following the instructions on the registration link.

Registering for Defcon is as easy as coming to Las Vegas and handing one of our fine registration goons your money and receiving your badge.

Comment

Dear noid, Thank you for your information. I am so anxious and nervous of being a newbie in these conferences.

Comment

LayerOne 2009 - ride sharing, etc

So i'm trying to finalize the numbers on my travel to the LayerOne hotel in Anaheim...

if i fly to LAX the trip is cheapest, but the Marriott is over 30 miles from there. the hotel estimates a taxi ride is $85 in each direction.

if i fly to SNA the flights are $30 more total, but i land about 14 miles from the hotel, making the taxi ride an estimated $35 each way.

questions...

1. what are other people thinking about doing?

2. anyone rolling into town from the region of LAX who'd care to hit me up with a ride offer in exchange for cash or pick tools, etc?
                        - Trent Reznor

Comment

Re: LayerOne 2009 - ride sharing, etc

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                          So i'm trying to finalize the numbers on my travel to the LayerOne hotel in Anaheim...

if i fly to LAX the trip is cheapest, but the Marriott is over 30 miles from there. the hotel estimates a taxi ride is $85 in each direction.

if i fly to SNA the flights are $30 more total, but i land about 14 miles from the hotel, making the taxi ride an estimated $35 each way.
                          Some other options....

1) You can fly into SNA take the Disneyland Express, Super Shuttle, or one of the many shuttles to Disneyland Hotel and take a ~1.5 mile taxi or walk to the Marriott. Disneyland Express is $15 from SNA to the Disneyland Hotel.
                          http://www.ocair.com/groundtransport/shuttles.htm

2) If you have time to kill, have a decent sense of direction, and you land in OC before 2150, take public transportation. Bus 76 West toward Harbor Blvd. Then at Harbor get off and take bus 43 North toward Disneyland. Traveling North on Harbor Blvd. get off at Convention Way. Cross the street and your at the Marriott. Total trip will be under $4.

3) Call the hotel and inquire regarding bus service. They have bus service from SNA to the hotel listed at $10 on their website.

If your going to tip a taxi driver, tip in cash. I've been told if the fare plus tip is less than $30, the taxi company takes the tip.
                          Last edited by ptblank; April 23, 2009, 00:41.

Comment

thanks for all the suggestions, but now the plan is that i'm flying into Long Beach and catching a ride with CP. heh, he's saved my skin more than a few times in TF2 and now he's helping me roll Gringo Warrior to LayerOne. i'll have to pay him back with a whole carton of ShmooCloves or something.
                            - Trent Reznor

Comment

Oh, we now have a LayerOne Twitter. Yes, I can't stand Twitter, but the conference isnt about what I like its about what our attendees like.

http://www.twitter.com/layer_one

Comment

Working...
                              X