Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you DON'T stay at the Riv, where DO you stay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Rover
    BlackKnot Industries

• Rover
    replied
    Re: If you DON'T stay at the Riv, where DO you stay?

Originally posted by hydruh View Post
    Since I am not a Vegas regular, I thought for 17 I would stay at a different hotel during DefCon just to try something new. Being a little older than most of you, I don't go in for the late night partying so it shouldn't be too much of a bother travel-wise.

For those if you who don't stay at the Riv, where do you stay? Any recommendations? Or thoughts from regulars in Vegas or locals? We had a good time at the Riv, and it is pretty cheap, but if anyone has a recommendation I would love to hear it.

S
    Last year I stayed at the Flamingo. Not bad, especially if you get one of the updated "Go" rooms. It's a bit of a hassle taking the monorail up and back from the Riv, but there is definitely more to do down at that end of the strip.

Leave a comment:

• big chopper

• big chopper
    replied

Originally posted by securityninja View Post
    Its my first time in Vegas but I've heard good things about the Hilton and its close enough to the Riv.

I've been able to get a fantastic price on the hotel+flights from a local agent (I'm in Ireland) for a week at the Hilton.

See you all at DefCon!
    You'll enjoy the Hilton. Only a short walk to The Riviera.
    --BC,

Leave a comment:

• securityninja

• securityninja
    replied

Its my first time in Vegas but I've heard good things about the Hilton and its close enough to the Riv.

I've been able to get a fantastic price on the hotel+flights from a local agent (I'm in Ireland) for a week at the Hilton.

See you all at DefCon!

Leave a comment:

• Opus3669

• Opus3669
    replied

DC is my big outing each year, so I start planning waaay in advance. I also spend the week in Vegas, so I make a point to be touristy the rest of the week. Last year I stayed at NYNY, which sucked for the commute, but it was different and I love Nine Fine Irishmen. This year we got a deal at TI for $40 a night, but that seemed to be the going rate at any MGM hotel, if you booked early enough. Remember that the longer you put off making reservations, the more expensive it gets. With the economy hitting Vegas as hard as it has been, most of the hotels have these mad crazy deals for cheap rooms, you just have to go through the hassled of their advertisement spam to get it. I think I am even getting deals for the Hilton for about $50 a night, as of last week (1 May).

Leave a comment:

• g3k_
    General rogue

• g3k_
    replied

Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
    Ugh. The website is updated with the correct new rates, and shows availability, but when I tried to make a reservation, it said the block was full. Will have to try again later or call.
    I read in a thread somewhere that you had to call in to reserve. Might be inside this thread. I'll edit when I find it.

Leave a comment:

• hydruh
    Poet Philosopher

• hydruh
    replied

Yeah, you had to call before too.

Wonder why they can't get that working?

S

Leave a comment:

• theprez98
    SpoonfeederExtraordinaire

• theprez98
    replied

Ugh. The website is updated with the correct new rates, and shows availability, but when I tried to make a reservation, it said the block was full. Will have to try again later or call.

Leave a comment:

• hydruh
    Poet Philosopher

• hydruh
    replied

Anyone with an existing reservation call and check?

S

Leave a comment:

• theprez98

• theprez98
    replied

Originally posted by g3k_ View Post
    The site has been updated. The prices on the calendar have not been, if you do a quote for your rate, it'll show the new price.
    Calendar is updated now, too.

Leave a comment:

• g3k_
    General rogue

• g3k_
    replied

The site has been updated. The prices on the calendar have not been, if you do a quote for your rate, it'll show the new price.

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    Semi-Professional Swearer

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

yes, i saw DT's post the moment he made it. what i was asking is if anyone can actually confirm that they are honoring these new numbers yet.

until someone says that they (a commoner, not someone up on high whom the hotel has to impress) gets the new pricing, i won't believe that the Riv has their shit together.

Leave a comment:

• theprez98

• theprez98
    replied

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
    has anyone confirmed this yet? i'm still getting no movement at all on the slightly above $100 party line that people keep offering when i call.
    Apparently it hasn't updated yet. The website also has the higher price, still.

Leave a comment:

• g3k_
    General rogue

• g3k_
    replied

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
    has anyone confirmed this yet? i'm still getting no movement at all on the slightly above $100 party line that people keep offering when i call.
    https://forum.defcon.org/showpost.ph...17&postcount=1

Leave a comment:

• big chopper

• big chopper
    replied

As of today (April 21, 2009) vegas.com has the following rates for The Sahara.
    Jul 29, $24.50
    Jul 30, $24.50
    Aug 1, $56.00
    Aug 2, $56.00
    Aug 3, $24.50

A bit of a walk, but not too far. I still plan to book The Riviera.
    --bc,

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    Semi-Professional Swearer

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

Originally posted by g3k_ View Post
    Well with the new price of 89$ staying at the Riv isn't looking so bad afterall :3

Leave a comment:

Working...
X