X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kallahar
    replied
    Re: Oh no! DefconBots cancelled/on hold

Yeah, RussR does the layout for the contest area, but there always seems to be plenty of open space. Being down on the open floor would help a LOT of people just wander in.

Kallahar

Leave a comment:

• xor
    replied

Originally posted by streaker69 View Post
    It would be even cooler if it were robotic sharks with frickin' lasers.
    That would be a cybernetics contest technically.

Terminator: You cannot self-terminate.
    John Connor: No, you can't. I can do anything I want. I'm a human being, not some god-damn robot.
    Terminator: [correcting him] Cybernetic organism.

xor

We will disappoint the Military Industrial Complex with no robots that blow stuff up.
    Last edited by xor; June 17th, 2009, 06:16.

Leave a comment:

• xor
    replied

Isn't the bots space technically larger than the HHV? Since the HHV had like mass humanity in it last year couldn't perhaps the HHV can make use of the bots space and or both to help facilitate Lost's idea above? Just shootin out un-caffeinated ideas at this hour.

xor

Leave a comment:

• LosT
    replied

Maybe we can do a mini breakout session in the HHV (or even in the contest area) again this year... it was a breakout session like that that led to the creation of the HHV in the first place...

LosT

Leave a comment:

• bob_ross
    replied

Unfortunately we're going to have to pass this year (microgramme was the only person we heard from :( ) on stepping in for Kallahar, SORRY! Hopefully the bots will be back in full force next year led by their rightful leader Kallahar!

Leave a comment:

• Nikita
    replied

Please contact RUSS immediately if not already because we are finalizing the conference setup at this time. I think all of us were under the impression this was not being held. I'm looking out for your best interests here, however I'm not sure the space is there to assign. Please act ASAP because we need the info VERY soon finalized for the Defcon program.

Leave a comment:

• Pyr0
    replied

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
    Defcon Bots is a blast to watch! No dying.
    2nd'ed - I love it, especially when the guns go wild and attack the crowd.

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied

Defcon Bots is a blast to watch! No dying.

Leave a comment:

• LosT
    replied

Kallahar, You are the man.

Please people, don't let the bots competition die. Or I will assimilate it! ;)

1o57

Leave a comment:

• Pyr0
    replied

bob_ross, are we moving forward with this?
    Please let me know ASAP so that we can plan accordingly.
    Thank you,
    Pyr0

Leave a comment:

• streaker69
    replied

Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
    Speak up people if you want to see this contest continue.

I always really enjoyed watching the teams compete. I would stand there watching and think to myself "There are freaking robot guns doing battle at my convention. How cool is that?!?!"
    It would be even cooler if it were robotic sharks with frickin' lasers.

Leave a comment:

• Dark Tangent
    replied

Speak up people if you want to see this contest continue.

I always really enjoyed watching the teams compete. I would stand there watching and think to myself "There are freaking robot guns doing battle at my convention. How cool is that?!?!"

Leave a comment:

• microgramme
    replied

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
    I checked with Russ and Kallahar, and the above is genuine. Bob_Ross could be running this contest soon, so if you plan to be involved, it would be wise to respond.

We have a couple cars and are willing to continue working on it, but need specs soonish, preferably.

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied

Originally posted by bob_ross View Post
    I've had brief discussions with Kallahar and Russ about hosting this event this year. Before I committed to anything I wanted to gauge interest in the event. The plan is for the event to be car-based so that those who have already started wouldn't have to throw it all away. The other option would be to do a guided egg-drop like challenge. Do either of these options sound appealing and are you guys still up for it?

bob_ross
    I checked with Russ and Kallahar, and the above is genuine. Bob_Ross could be running this contest soon, so if you plan to be involved, it would be wise to respond.

Leave a comment:

• bob_ross
    replied

I've had brief discussions with Kallahar and Russ about hosting this event this year. Before I committed to anything I wanted to gauge interest in the event. The plan is for the event to be car-based so that those who have already started wouldn't have to throw it all away. The other option would be to do a guided egg-drop like challenge. Do either of these options sound appealing and are you guys still up for it?

bob_ross

Leave a comment:

Working...
X