pre-DEFCON lockpicking event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre-DEFCON lockpicking event

so, apparently there is some sort of lockpicking talk that was planned for pre-con hours. does anyone know much about this? TOOOL and the village staff are not in the loop. were these people going to need access to the skybox? or was this taking place somewhere else?

heh... nice of them to mention that this talk is geared towards keeping people out of the Lockpick Village.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: pre-DEFCON lockpicking event

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
    so, apparently there is some sort of lockpicking talk that was planned for pre-con hours. does anyone know much about this? TOOOL and the village staff are not in the loop. were these people going to need access to the skybox? or was this taking place somewhere else?

heh... nice of them to mention that this talk is geared towards keeping people out of the Lockpick Village.
    Isn't that LI? Bio said he was with Longhorn Lockpicking. I don't remember names from last year though other than jgor and Doug.
    ----------------------------------------
    Fraternal Order of Locksport

Comment

Originally posted by valanx View Post
      Bio said he was with Longhorn Lockpicking.
      yeah, it's Alek (one of Doug's crew with the LLC) and i've started to email back and forth with them a bit. we're happy if they want to run any sort of event, but we just don't want them being stuck expecting a certain room or other supplies to be available when they aren't yet ready.

hell... if someone wants to do some lock stuff pre-con, that's fine... but TOOOL will likely not ever be a part of something like that. my people absolutely kill themselves for three days straight... pre-con and post-con is their time to themselves.
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

yeah, it's Alek (one of Doug's crew with the LLC) and i've started to email back and forth with them a bit. we're happy if they want to run any sort of event, but we just don't want them being stuck expecting a certain room or other supplies to be available when they aren't yet ready.

hell... if someone wants to do some lock stuff pre-con, that's fine... but TOOOL will likely not ever be a part of something like that. my people absolutely kill themselves for three days straight... pre-con and post-con is their time to themselves.
        So, are you saying that you won't represent at DC101? Just need to know.

Regards,

valkyrie

Comment

Please read my thread here: https://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?t=10416

It will clarify this for you. Apparently you guys are not the only ones to be slightly confused that we started a NEW Day with a schedule of it's own.
          "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Originally posted by valkyrie View Post
            So, are you saying that you won't represent at DC101? Just need to know
            a representative of TOOOL (either Babak or myself) will be present at DC101 for our little "intro to the Lockpick Village" segment. what none of our people will do is work a lockpicking event pre-con. they absolutely kill themselves for three days solid... he and i have no plans to ask them to put in an extra day before things kick off doing intro trainings. we're leaving the "pre-con lockpick training" to the Longhorn Club... but we will still be at DC101 for the intro chat.
            - Trent Reznor

Comment

a representative of TOOOL (either Babak or myself) will be present at DC101 for our little "intro to the Lockpick Village" segment. what none of our people will do is work a lockpicking event pre-con. they absolutely kill themselves for three days solid... he and i have no plans to ask them to put in an extra day before things kick off doing intro trainings. we're leaving the "pre-con lockpick training" to the Longhorn Club... but we will still be at DC101 for the intro chat.
              Thank you. We are so looking forward to you all representing the LP Village. Thanks for the time and effort you and the TOOOL team are giving over to this specific event.

Regards,

valkyrie, Monkey Butler Wrangler and semi-official mouthpiece for the DC101

Comment

Working...
              X