Whats the best computer syestem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the best computer syestem?

Hey whats the Best computer syestem to work with?

depends what you want to do with it...
    if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Just Major computer work....Because ive been useing microsoft and was wondering whats the best

Comment

I have found that a Commodore Vic 20 with tape drive suits most of my purposes:D
        perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

I would not say that I have found a single one that is "best" for everything.

Just use whatever tool works best for the job.
          Apex

http://www.shadowbiz.net

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
            I have found that a Commodore Vic 20 with tape drive suits most of my purposes:D
            Then you sir, have never used a TI-99/4A.. that's a powerhouse that's unmatched..
            a pc-0x90 by any other name is a nummish..
            Bigger 1:23

Comment

Originally posted by pc-0x90

Then you sir, have never used a TI-99/4A.. that's a powerhouse that's unmatched..
              While I agree that the TI-99/4A was a mainframe for the home user, I must stress that the Trash 80 blows that bad boy away.
              perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Parsec and Mt. Climber with the Voice Modulator rocked!!!!!

I used to play that for hours!

:D

Comment

I used to have a nifty little tandy laptop that would hold upwards of 19,000 bytes of data! that's over 152,000 bits on one chip!! sigh... unfortunately it was an m$ os, even then... msplan was nice though

Comment

I'm just not as 1337 as y'all... best thing I've got running is an Amiga 500.
                    the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

I remember using a Commodore 64 to do payroll for a company, and then I ran the computer for the windmills in Palm Springs, CA...it was an Atari 800!

Then there was the day I stared at an ADAM wishing I had the $400 to buy it on clearance....

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                        I remember using a Commodore 64 to do payroll for a company, and then I ran the computer for the windmills in Palm Springs, CA...it was an Atari 800!
                        Bow before the majestic might that is Atari, and humble thyself to POKEY and ANTIC.

And behave, or I'll break out the Odyssey2 and force everyone to work in 800 bytes of 8048 assembly. NO 6502 FOR YOU!!!

Comment

Anyone have the Amiga's?
                          Those rocked.
                          Ive got a commodore, and an amiga, (cant remember what model amiga) its old as fuck tho, older than me.

Comment

Some of those old machines rocked. No BSOD, and they ran and ran, Maybe slowly, but they ran.

Rexcently I needed a DOS disk to FDISK a system...heck no one sells DOS anymore! I had to steal the files off of Google. I felt so bad, using software that I did not pay for....

Comment

Woohoo... took a bit of looking, but this was the beast!

http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?c=234

Bought it for $10 from a friends in my younger geek days.. did everything with it.. took it apart, reassembled it, later on went to sell it for $40 to another geek. Last I knew a bunch of RIT hacks had it on ethernet and serving a website

Comment

Working...
                              X