This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Calling all Vegetarians

happycow.net is a good place to look, i'm a lacto ovo so i've got a lot more choices. go raw cafe on east windmill is a vegan place, never been there though.

if you've got an iphone get VegOut which lists from happycow.

if you're LO too, dennys, egg and i, ihop all have stuff. Most of the buffets have something, rio is fish mainly

Chinese (except panda express as they have no veggie food), thai and Indian as said are the best bets.

I recommend the lotus of siam thai place on east sahara near the scientology building, but don't let that sway you, its pretty busy though.

My favourite indian was either burnt down or a massive renovation, it was on paradise, last time i went buy it was a rebuilding shell. I'd personally skip the Indian at the Rio, i thought it was rubbish.

Ping Pang Pong at the Gold Coast does have some veggie stuff, but as with all of the asian food you have to be careful for fish, most waiters/waitresses don't actually know whats in it,a nd they'll just say its veggie for an easy life.

Maggiano's has lots of LA veggie stuff too, Red 8 at the wynn has a couple of dishes.

Vegan's the toughest to find, but there are a few places, and whole foods has a little cafe affair.
    - Null Space Labs

Comment

Originally posted by noid View Post
      Vegetarians, I need some assistance here. Friend of mine falls into the non-meat-eating camp and asked me about Vegas and vegetarian food. Being an omnivore, I have no ideas for him. I would imagine its a real bitch to stay vegetarian in a town renowned for its 99c steak and eggs and all you can eat hotdog buffets.

So, want to share your war-stories and successes here?
      There will be vegetarian/vegan food being served at my party.

Otherwise Vegas can be hard. Last time Tre and I were there we found a lot of options at the Planet Hollywood buffet.

The Peppermill has veggie burgers, and a few other things.
      "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

Comment

I'm normally trapped in the Riv the entire duration of Defcon so i've had to experiment with what they have to offer. As we know the food court there can be a nightmare to get through but you can get a veggie sandwich / salad there - I forget from what place.

The room service cheese pizza and quesadillas are decent.

I seem to remember the buffet restaurant being way too expensive for vegetarian options.

I've survived plenty off the little buffet thing near the vendor area. It is possible to construct a vegetarian bagel sandwich and they also have fruit not to mention kick-ass bloody mary's!

If you're going to leave the Riv I guess they'res plenty of options but for cheap food I like Zaba's Mexican Grill. It's kinda like a subway where they build your burrito to order in front of you.

Yeah I know, Pizza and Burritos might not be the healthiest choice but it *is* Vegas!
        take a long walk backward....into the now.

Comment

I am Vegan, and I have been to Vegas a few times. Here are my picks:

Komol (953 E Sahara Ave): This is a killer Thai place that isn't too far from the Riv. Many veg/vegan options and fantastic food. Average $11 per meal.

Souper Salad (4022 S Maryland Pkay): This place is underrated. Huge salad bar with soups, breads, etc. Will fill up for less than $10

India Oven (2218 Paradise Rd): Good Indian, Lunch buffet, Dinner menu $10-13

If you want Veg ON the strip, the buffets are fine, but expensive. I always go to the check-in person, and try to SE my way to a cheaper meal. This has worked twice out of four attempts. I basically just tell her that I am a strict vegan, i only want a salad, and I was told that I could have a discount meal. They have a code on the registers (at least at Rio and MGM) for a promotional discount, just ask for it. These people don't give a sh@t anyway. It resulted in half off.

I also hit the Whole Foods Market on the south end of the strip and stock up on bananas, oranges, apples, things that don't HAVE to be refrigerated. Things I can grab quickly and miss less of the con.

my $0.02

mb

Comment

i hear you can get vegan donuts in vegas:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/ronalds-donuts-las-vegas :)

Comment

Souper Salad (4022 S Maryland Pkay): This place is underrated. Huge salad bar with soups, breads, etc. Will fill up for less than $10
              I second that.
              Also, if one happens to be staying a bit of a distance away from the riviera, I recommend sweet tomatoes. There's two locations in vegas, neither close to the riv. I'm an omnivore myself, but they've got a great buffet, and clearly mark whats non-vegetarian and non-vegan. The default is vegetarian.
              google map link
              It's not stupid, it's advanced.

Comment

I'm a vegetarian, and last Defcon I lived off La Salsa burritos (in the food court) and the diner in the Riviera. Not the healthiest, but it was quick and easy for those who don't want miss any of the action at Defcon.

I'm looking forward to trying some of the other veggie friendly places mentioned here, thanks to those who posted.

Comment

I've been going to Defcon for a few years and I am vegetarian. I go to Trader Joes and stock up on fruit, nuts, snacks and bottled water. I put portions in my backpack before heading down to the tracks each day.

There was a mini buffet in one of the rooms opposite the main tracks last year that had burger buns and cheese, tomato, onion etc.. I made a couple of sandwiches there, and they only charged me a $2. I remember the coffee was pretty good too.

The bar has Heinekens so I am pretty much set there.

It's only 3 days so it's not bad...

I like the other posts, definitely checking out the Vegas Vegan.

Comment

There are tons of vegan and vegetarian options in Vegas.Every restaurant in Wynn has a vegan menu, Nacho Daddy has vegan Mexican food, etc. Let's get together this weekend and my wife and I can help the Veg community.

Comment

Originally posted by lucasrangit View Post
                      There are tons of vegan and vegetarian options in Vegas.Every restaurant in Wynn has a vegan menu, Nacho Daddy has vegan Mexican food, etc. Let's get together this weekend and my wife and I can help the Veg community.
                      You just replied to an old post from DEF CON 17 , from 8 years ago. I'll close this thread. For more current content , check out the forums for DEF CON 25, or community talk.

Check out a more recent post on this:
                      https://forum.defcon.org/forum/defco...tarian-hackers

HTH,
                      -Cot
                      tiny font: _. ___ _... ___ _.. _.__ .._ ... . ... __ ___ ._. ... . _._. ___ _.. . ._ _. _.__ __ ___ ._. .

Comment

Working...
                      X