Attack of the Macs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attack of the Macs

Is it just me, or is Apple riding out the coattails of Lindows publicity with a slew of ads? I was just watching TV for a small stretch of time and counted 5 or 6 different ads along the same camp, a single person saying why they liked it about the Mac, a windows network admin, a programmer, an artist.. blah
    if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

I must say those were rather annoying. I felt like I was watching that stupid lady from the 'Video Professor' commercials!

My kid 'almost' knows how to work a computer better that I do 'half the time'!
    aaarrrggghhh!!!!

That annoys me!

Fine, if TWO mouse buttons is too complicated for you, use a Mac. If you can use two, use windows. If you can figure out how to REALLY use a computer, use whatever the hell fits your needs.

Kai

Comment

Originally posted by Kai
      Fine, if TWO mouse buttons is too complicated for you, use a Mac. If you can use two, use windows.
      ... but if you super-duper-really know what you are doing and can use three, use *nix/*bsd ;)

Comment

How to know that you are qualified for a MAC:

You leave your left turn signal on when you drive.

Your VCR flashes 12:00 12:00 12:00 12:00

At the supermarket you do not take out your wallet until after all your items have been rung up, only then do you think about beginning to search for your checkbook.

People think Edith Bunker was modeled after you.

Your lips move when you read a postage stamp.

You think DEFCON is a hard of hearing prisoner.

Comment

I don't own a Mac, but I have played with some of my friends' new ones. If you haven't used a Mac since grade school, I would encourage you to play with one soon. OS X is based on the BSD kernel and if you pop up a terminal, it's wonderful, buttery goodness.

Far more stable than any windows, while being more user friendly than any *nix. Apple definitely got this one right. The ports tree is big and getting bigger, and runs what you need it to.

I have to say, if it weren't for the things costing more than my first car, I would have to go for it.

Oh yeah, they support more than one button now. :-)
          R.J.
          "All the subtlety of a chainsaw,
          with none of the social graces."

Comment

Oh yeah, they support more than one button now. :-
            Really, that's impressive. :) Although I agree with you that they are still extremely overpriced.

Kai

Comment

Yeah, and their new commercials are kind of annoying, but kind of true to life. My friend is a unix and windows admin, and he loves his mac. I see why.

It's *nix stability, capabilities, and directory structure, with a nicer GUI than anything else. Pretty neat all in all. I just wish they didn't cost so much.
              R.J.
              "All the subtlety of a chainsaw,
              with none of the social graces."

Comment

Working...
              X