Google calendar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google calendar?

So, what with all of the official and unofficial events going on, it'd be pretty kickin' to have a Google calendar listing what's going on when. That way I can sync things I'm interested in to my phone, and get updates when they're rescheduled or relocated.

I'm not nearly keen enough on events to get this started, but I can certainly create the calendar if people want to add to it...

-Jon

Re: Google calendar?

Originally posted by JonM View Post
    So, what with all of the official and unofficial events going on, it'd be pretty kickin' to have a Google calendar listing what's going on when. That way I can sync things I'm interested in to my phone, and get updates when they're rescheduled or relocated.

I'm not nearly keen enough on events to get this started, but I can certainly create the calendar if people want to add to it...

-Jon

I'll be populating the events schedule on the main site schedule page next week (still pushing through some print deadlines) but if you want to do this, I'm sure people would be more than happy to use it. DM me if you want times/locations I have so far.

Comment

Originally posted by neil View Post
      I'll be populating the events schedule on the main site schedule page next week (still pushing through some print deadlines) but if you want to do this, I'm sure people would be more than happy to use it. DM me if you want times/locations I have so far.
      Awesome. Blank calendar created. I'll ping Neil for his list.

http://www.google.com/calendar/embed...ca/Los_Angeles

PM me if you want write access.

-Jon

Comment

This has been populated with the non-talk events that I know about, with help from Neil. Ping me if there are additions that should be made.

-Jon

Comment

Originally posted by JonM View Post
          This has been populated with the non-talk events that I know about, with help from Neil. Ping me if there are additions that should be made.

-Jon
          Jon,
          Great idea, and nice work...just sync'd up. Gonna be nice to have at con.
          Cheers!

Comment

Google Calendar With All Speakers Now Available

I have created a Google calendar with the complete speaker schedule. What's nice about this is that it is broken out by track and for those talks you are thinking about attending you can add it to your own calendar. I am not done with the ICAL and XML links yet, but the HTML links to view the tracks are up and running.

Calendar is at http://defcon.starthan.net/

Comment

OK, got the site all up and running. The calendar seems to work well in Outlook (for those few of you who use Windows), iCal on OS X as well as iCal on the iPhone. It *should* work on Linux based systems and any app that supports ics. The nice part is you can click on an event and simply add it to your own calendar. Thanks to CalDAV if someone e-mails me a change I can update the calendar from my phone if need be.

Comment

It looks like some stuff on track 3 got moved around. Since I can't constantly scan the calendar for changes, if you see inconsistencies between the Defcon site and the Google calendar, please let me know so I can update accordingly.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X