Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone want some Restaurant.com coupons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want some Restaurant.com coupons?

UPDATE: Two down, two to go!

A while back I got a "Certificate of the Month" membership to Restaurant.com, then realized there aren't a whole lot of restaurants to choose from in Columbia, SC, on their site. As a result, I've got three or four coupon codes good for a free $25 worth of certificates on their site. I figured I'd offer them to anyone who might be interested in using one in one of the 16 restaurants listed as available within 1 mile of the hotel (or 69 within 5 miles).

If anyone's interested, just PM me your e-mail address, and I'll forward you the code.

Note: For those who have never used a Restaurant.com certificate before, they don't really work like traditional gift certificates, in that a lot of them run along the lines of "$25 off a purchase of $35 or more", doesn't cover tip and tax, not valid on alcoholic beverages, or something similar. Still, if you're wanting to eat in one of the restaurants they've got, it could help save a bit of cash.
    Last edited by Sereyna; July 20, 2009, 15:32. Reason: Coupon update.
    She understands, but she doesn't comprehend...

The day I stop learning is the day they put me in a box.

Re: Anyone want some Restaurant.com coupons?

Hey sweetie... do they offer a coupon code for the place we're going with your sister to take in a high view of Vegas for dinner one evening? (btw... did we pick which night that will be specifically? PM me so you can remind my addled brain of that detail.)

I hope you get a few takers... after the degree of over-planning some people tend to do on these forums trying to get by on about $5 a day in Vegas, you'd think that they'd be all over that.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

No such luck on finding a coupon for Top of the World. PM is sent with date/time info, as requested.

I'm hoping that someone takes me up on this, I'm just surprised I didn't think of offering it sooner...

Comment

Two have been claimed, I've got two more left.

Comment

Please take NO offense to what I am saying but please try to understand my thoughts.

This should not be in the Defcon 17 planning area. It should be in Dev/Random.

This likely unintentional advertisement for Restaurant.com should not be in this area. I don't know if it is because people (deviant) know you or not, but if it was say a new poster or someone whom we didn't know, it wouldn't have been received the same way. I know you are trying to do a nice thing, but from an outsiders perspective it's passive advertising to their site and nothing to do with Defcon or Defcon planning. This really should go in the social area.

That is my thoughts, and I have a feeling no one will agree with me, and probably rag on me for being too strick, but regardless, I needed to say it. Yes, I am one of those people that do a lot of over planning and yes, Indeed I do have to budget on shoestring so I can appreciate the gesture. At the same time if it was someone else or something similar saying "I have free mac-a-norton $25 off anti virus solution coupons", the flame patrol would've been all over this.

Please don't think I'm a spoil sport, I've nothing against you or what you are offering.
          "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Originally posted by Nikita View Post
            Please take NO offense to what I am saying but please try to understand my thoughts.

This should not be in the Defcon 17 planning area. It should be in Dev/Random.

[SNIP]
            No worries, no offense taken. My logic was that I was offering them to people who could use them in Las Vegas during DefCon, so it would be part of planning their budgets, which was why I mentioned places in the area surrounding the hotel. I suppose I could have made that more clear in my initial post, but then again, that wouldn't address your main, and very valid, point: That anyone who gets one of these could use it for whatever they wanted.

By all means, if it needs to be moved, it won't hurt my feelings to see it moved.

Comment

Working...
            X