Ninja Party Badge cipher text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ninja Party Badge cipher text

So I know the solution and I know 2 people solved it. Who else solved this?

(Sorry. I won't be publishing the answer, but I have told some goons and I have verified this answer was correct.)

Anyone else solve this?

Re: Ninja Party Badge cipher text

I had a couple of people come up to me with the correct solution.

For those of you that still haven't solved it, if you beat the Simon game on the badge (get past level 10), you'll get a clue. It may not sound like a clue, but it is definitely a very direct clue.

Also FWIW, the cipher on the badge was part of Caezar's Challenge.

I'll have a longer post about all the badge stuff shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by barkode View Post
      I had a couple of people come up to me with the correct solution.

For those of you that still haven't solved it, if you beat the Simon game on the badge (get past level 10), you'll get a clue. It may not sound like a clue, but it is definitely a very direct clue.

Also FWIW, the cipher on the badge was part of Caezar's Challenge.

I'll have a longer post about all the badge stuff shortly.
      Everyone that I spoke with that solved the Simon game on their own came to the same (correct) conclusion on the meaning of the clue except for one, and they had little experience in the required discipline. Five out of six people is really pretty good when you think about it.

In my humble opinion, the clue was very good, and the puzzle was well designed. Thanks for making it, and allowing me to play. :-)

Of all the people I spoke with who I believe could have solved it, but didn't, the only problem they had was one of time to spend on this as a puzzle. They were either running a contest, or in a contest, or too busy partying and recovering to play. Most said they would inspect the puzzle when they got home, and maybe solve it then.

This puzzle was more difficult than the DC15 Ninja Party pass, but that too was a great deal of fun.

I am really looking forward to what kind of challenge you provide next time, and really hope I can get another badge so I can try again. *This* kind of thing is how I enjoy my Defcon.

I'd go so far to say that I enjoy the game more than the party, but I guess I am a nerd like that.

Thanks!
      Last edited by SecretIdentity; August 9, 2009, 18:50.

Comment

Originally posted by SecretIdentity View Post
        Everyone that I spoke with that solved the Simon game on their own came to the same (correct) conclusion on the meaning of the clue except for one, and they had little experience in the required discipline. Five out of six people is really pretty good when you think about it.

In my humble opinion, the clue was very good, and the puzzle was well designed. Thanks for making it, and allowing me to play. :-)

Of all the people I spoke with who I believe could have solved it, but didn't, the only problem they had was one of time to spend on this as a puzzle. They were either running a contest, or in a contest, or too busy partying and recovering to play. Most said they would inspect the puzzle when they got home, and maybe solve it then.

This puzzle was more difficult than the DC15 Ninja Party pass, but that too was a great deal of fun.

I am really looking forward to what kind of challenge you provide next time, and really hope I can get another badge so I can try again. *This* kind of thing is how I enjoy my Defcon.

I'd go so far to say that I enjoy the game more than the party, but I guess I am a nerd like that.

Thanks!
        Totally agree with you. RocketMan and I have had much fun playing with the badge. You guys have totally hooked him! :-) I have always been hooked! Thanks so much Barkode and Ninjas.

Regards,

valkyrie

Comment

You guys don't play fair- ;)

I was too busy running mystery challenge to play with your badge :(

LosT

Comment

Well, you can ask cnelson...I beat Simon and the hint went right over my head. Well, I meta-understood the hint, but the easy, direct part was way missed.

Comment

Originally posted by evel aka matt View Post
              Well, you can ask cnelson...I beat Simon and the hint went right over my head. Well, I meta-understood the hint, but the easy, direct part was way missed.
              Yeah, it's definitely a facepalm moment once you figure it out. :)

Also, the hint was 100% Caezar's doing. He's notorious for that type of thing.

Comment

Thanks for the badge, and the stories behind them.

I enjoyed this badge more than the Defcon badge.

Comment

I have placed the Ninja Networks Party Badge for Defcon 17 next to the Ninja Networks Party Badge for Defcon 15.

I really enjoy the results of the work you all put into your badges, and really enjoy breaking the codes, and solving the puzzles you provide.

Lost is one of the 6 people I spoke with about the badge, and he too knew what the clue meant, and at that time he also said that he was too busy with his contest to play with this puzzle.

The difficult for breaking the DC17 cipher text was greater than that of the DC15 Cipher text, but both provided a great deal of enjoyment for me.

Thank you!

(I am once again hoping that I can get a badge next year, so I can try my luck for a 3rd year in a row. :-)

Comment

Thanks to this puzzle, I now harbor an intense hatred for the letter Q.

Comment

I was so annoyed that I had inadvertently crippled my ability to solve the puzzle on my own. I decided I wasn't going to take my computer with me and risk possible damage. So all I had to work with was my phone for some basic info on the crypto and some Riv memo and a pen. I got about half way through and I just kind of fell asleep, I was too worn out from the entire weekend I just went to sleep after getting back to the hotel after the ninja networks party. It was kind of strange...everyone around me, drinking, dancing, doing other things which are kind of weird, and I'm talking to Ceazar about the crypto and playing with the RAM on the badge while sipping on Coke. All I can say is that I smelled like Cloves like 3 days afterwards.
                      <Insert witty comment here>

Comment

Working...
                      X