• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amish Hacker Erases Town Records

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.c...dline=s2i58457

Written by La Pluma
    The Spoof
    21 August 2009

Lancaster, PA - Proving that even those that avoid technology can't avoid the inevitability of its influence, one of America's oldest Amish communities is suffering today, from one of the newest types of crime.

Caught in the crosshairs of an unknown hacker, the pious residents of Lancaster, PA, are feeling violated and exposed after an finding many of the county data files broken into and erased Thursday night. With no witnesses to the sabotage, the only leads for area police are the several pounds of pink eraser dust scattered around the office, and the crowbar left atop of the damaged filing cabinet.

[...]
    Nonnumquam cupido magnas partes Interretis vincendi me corripit

Re: Amish Hacker Erases Town Records

Originally posted by erehwon View Post
    http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.c...dline=s2i58457

Written by La Pluma
    The Spoof
    21 August 2009

Lancaster, PA - Proving that even those that avoid technology can't avoid the inevitability of its influence, one of America's oldest Amish communities is suffering today, from one of the newest types of crime.

Caught in the crosshairs of an unknown hacker, the pious residents of Lancaster, PA, are feeling violated and exposed after an finding many of the county data files broken into and erased Thursday night. With no witnesses to the sabotage, the only leads for area police are the several pounds of pink eraser dust scattered around the office, and the crowbar left atop of the damaged filing cabinet.

[...]
    Well, there's only one Amish hacker from Lancaster County who posts here...

Streaker69, do you have an alibi for last night? Your horse doesn't count.
    Thorn
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

Originally posted by Thorn View Post
      Well, there's only one Amish hacker from Lancaster County who posts here...

Streaker69, do you have an alibi for last night? Your horse doesn't count.
      I'm sure the Parson will vouch that I was in church last night praying.

Chances are, it wasn't the Amish that did it, but those wicked Mennonites wearing their brown clothes and zippers.
      A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker69 View Post

Chances are, it wasn't the Amish that did it, but those wicked Mennonites wearing their brown clothes and zippers.
        Absolutely wicked :-)

xor
        Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

And to think I went to a Mennonite school (really!).
          "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

With no unusual carriage tracks found near the scene, it had to be local. I'm gonna have to agree with the rotund sheriff on the teen line of thinking, pink eraser dust, had to be a skiddie. Everyone knows white erasers leave less data behind...
            "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

Comment

Originally posted by sintax_error View Post
              With no unusual carriage tracks found near the scene, it had to be local. I'm gonna have to agree with the rotund sheriff on the teen line of thinking, pink eraser dust, had to be a skiddie. Everyone knows white erasers leave less data behind...
              That just proves it wasn't Amish at all, Amish don't ride in carriages, they ride in buggies.
              A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Comment

That just proves it wasn't Amish at all, Amish don't ride in carriages, they ride in buggies.
                it's a setup! someone needs to get this thread to Sheriff Hunter as soon as possible!
                "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

Comment

Working...
                X