DEFCON Shoot - highlight reel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEFCON Shoot - highlight reel

So, i took some of the photos that i and others captured the morning of the DC Shoot and kinda tossed them into a blender with the few video clips i shot with my camera to make a little montage video of the day's affairs.

Toss in a little soundtrack and we've got ourselves a wrap-up of this year's DEFCON Shoot. If anyone's face accidentally made it into a photo or otherwise appears on screen when they didn't want to, let me know and i'll do whatever i can to remedy the matter.

It was a really fun event that i hope to continue repeating for a number of years to come. For those who weren't with us... have a look at what you missed... and consider coming next year.

on a related note, there were still a few people who never claimed their DEFCON Shoot shirts. i have leftover...
    3 small
    2 large
    2 x-large

... if one was yours, get in touch with me asap. the initial recipients have two days to email or PM me. if i hear from anyone else in the coming days that wants one of the remaining ones, i'll send them there instead.

thanks to everyone who came out and participated!
    Last edited by Deviant Ollam; August 23, 2009, 12:09.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: DEFCON Shoot - highlight reel

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
    ...If anyone's face accidentally made it into a photo or otherwise appears on screen when they didn't want to, let me know and i'll do whatever i can to remedy the matter.
    There were only 2 people that said they didn't want to be included in pictures or video. I did my best to exclude them from my shots, but the occasionally walked across the frame while the camera was rolling. (If I get time, I'll look at your video and see if i can see them, and point them out to you so that you can edit them out.) Almost all of my shots were of people too far away to make out faces, or people's backs. I did get the safety talk provided by the organizers, and that is a keeper. (You all gave me permission to film that.) A need to edit the two people out of the video that didn't want to be filmed, and little time to get it done is why mine is not up yet. Soon. Hopefully.

Comment

Word. I'm glad you put this together. Looks like it was a lot of fun.

I'm gonna have to get out there one of these years.

Comment

I have like 200+ pictures, mostly wide shots, but high resolution. I would like to send them to you DO, so that you could go through them and remove any of the players that don't want to be shown.

PM me or something.

xor
        Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

Don't think we ever took the group photo did we?

xor
          Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

Originally posted by barkode View Post
            Word. I'm glad you put this together. Looks like it was a lot of fun. I'm gonna have to get out there one of these years.
            and we'd love to have you there, man. you're always welcome, good sir. do you shoot often, otherwise?

Originally posted by xor View Post
            I have like 200+ pictures, mostly wide shots, but high resolution. I would like to send them to you DO, so that you could go through them and remove any of the players that don't want to be shown.
            meh, i have no idea who had what personal policies. the notion was, if you tied a colored string to your arm or if you had the colored tails of the orange neck coolers facing down your back, that was the "no photos" sign.

beyond that i'm in the dark.

Originally posted by xor View Post
            Don't think we ever took the group photo did we?
            i think we missed out. ah well, there's always next year!
            "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
            - Trent Reznor

Comment

Working...
            X