Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toorcon Party: Oct 23rd 8pm: Ocean Beach, CA

Hey y'all..

It's that time again. It's time for Toorcon and this means it's also time for The Aristocrats's 3rd annual toorcon party!

Come on down, Friday October 23rd. The party will start at 8pm and we typically go till at least 3am, but parties have been known to go till 6am. The party will go on as long as it has to.

We're in an all new location in Ocean Beach, and this house is a significant improvement over the last house!

This house is new construction, and over 1700sq ft. There's a large roof deck, and both a front and back yard. The back yard has a patio with a table and chairs, and a 2 person hot tub. The roof deck has a fire pit, and several very comfortable chairs.

Hopefully we'll get some nekkid girls in that hot tub. Knowing Abby, it'll happen.

I will be Djin' videos as per normal, and there will be video and audio in all 3 public areas.

As for refreshments, we'll have our usual assortment of food and booze. Creux de ta platters, those awesome puff pastries everyone seems to love, chips, Veggieburgers for the vegheadz, and burgers, hotdogs, etc for the carnivores. We will be cooking on a full size charcoal grill.

There will be Mixed drinks, Wine and Beer. The beer hasn't been decided yet, but there's going to be a full keg of some kind of premium beer such as Stone IPA or Fat Tire. No shitty PBR here. :)

For those that don't know, or haven't made it to one of our parties before: Abby and I are avid arcade/coinop collectors.

Currently in vidz we have: Ms Pac/Galaga (in a pacman cabinet), a Mame cabinet with 1600+ games on it, and a 101 slot Neo Geo (tee-hee)

As far as working pinballs We have: Cirqus Volitare, Scared Stiff, Fathom, Twilight Zone, and Revenge From Mars.

There's also a WII with pretty much every game in the universe on the Hard Drive, and a PS3.

How to get here? That's EASY.

Take the 5 North to the 8 West, towards the beaches.
    Follow the 8, till it ends.
    Stay in the right hand lane at the end, and turn left.
    This will land you on Sunset Cliffs Blvd heading southbound.
    Take Sunset into Ocean Beach and turn left on Muir Ave heading eastbound.
    Muir is the first street south of Volitare, which is the big corner where
    there's a gas station and a jack in the box. This is about a mile south from where teh freeway ends.
    4721 Muir is our Address. It's a big white modern design house on the right hand side.
    Look for Ernesto Calabaza, the pumpkin party revolutionary on the roof.
    Big and orange, you won't be able to miss him!
    Find parking, come inside and get drunk.

Parking is tight on Muir, best strategy is going to be trying to find parking on Ebers, which is one street east of Sunset Cliffs.

Here's a link for those that require more explicit directions, I mapped it from the convention center:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...01452&t=h&z=14

Unfortunately Ocean Beach is pretty unreachable by trolly. You're going to have to find a ride.

PROTIP: Social Engineering someone with a car, might be a good idea.

Pictures of the house for those that are curious about the new pad:

http://picasaweb.google.com/MissAbbyNormal/House#

Re: Toorcon Party: Oct 23rd 8pm: Ocean Beach, CA

Forgot to mention, we also have a Centipede, an an Asteroids as well!

Comment

Originally posted by icetre View Post
      Forgot to mention, we also have a Centipede, an an Asteroids as well!
      I wanna go! Not sure about my finances though! (even if you don't have my favorite pinball!) :)
      In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Comment

Hey, if you make it, you can braid my hair again! :D
        "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Comment

I should be there again and, as before, the first four people I find get a free ride. Five if one is cute, small, and willing to ride a lap.

And what better way to be among the first than to share a room? It seems so wasteful to get a room by myself and I'm hoping to avoid last year's situation (wherein I had to donkey-kick my way through a solid wood door, naked, after being locked in a bathroom following the *sigh* "sin party". (True story, and I am still sorry to the person that slipped and fell in the lobby as they were mopping up my blood.)

Anyway, party!!! (Or, in consideration to the fact that it is Abby and 'Tre's party, we're going topless!)

Comment

Originally posted by BlackOrchid View Post
            I wanna go! Not sure about my finances though! (even if you don't have my favorite pinball!) :)
            See, here's the thing, this party REPLACES toorcon. Don't go to toorcon.

I'll go on record as saying the organizers have shown an amazing lack of consideration, appreciation and respect for the attendees and volunteers. So don't go.

The only reason TO go is community, a community that the toorcon organizers behave as if they're above. So don't go. Come to the party instead, go to the beach instead, go to mexico instead, go sailing instead, take the train to hollywood instead, hang out with ME instead!!! DON'T GO.

DON'T GO DON'T GO DON'T GO to toorcon.

:)

This posting btw is representative of my feelings and experiences. While other people may (do) feel the same, I'm only speaking for myself.

Just don't go.

Comment

Sweet, I'll be there, likely with a fresh from the brewery stock of select Stone brews in bottle and/or growler form.
              "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

Comment

I'm with flea! Skip toorcon, hang out at icetre's party all weekend. That's my plan :)

I heard that last year's toorcon "free attendee party" actually had a dress code and a drink ticket that wouldn't pay for a full drink? Screw that, this party is clothing optional, and free booze until you get carted away by ambulance! (or swept up by street sweeper).
                --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

Originally posted by flea View Post
                  See, here's the thing, this party REPLACES toorcon. Don't go to toorcon. ... DON'T GO DON'T GO DON'T GO to toorcon.
                  wow, man... pretty severe sentiments there. is there anything you'd care to elaborate about in greater detail regarding this whole matter? or is it bad form to go into specifics here on the forums?

(i'm not asking with the air of "i call BS on that... prove it" but simply because i am not hip at all to a lot of the dynamics of the west coast scene. i had always thought of the whole 23b/L1/ToorCon groups as one large, SoCal entity with a lot of cross-over.)

Originally posted by kallahar View Post
                  I'm with flea! Skip toorcon, hang out at icetre's party all weekend.
                  heh... hanging out at the party with flea can be dangerous... once i was chatting up a girl that i didn't know was part of his posse and we damn near came to blows until i understood that he wasn't joking about being territorial.

"free attendee party" actually had a dress code
                  that's something i've never understood at cons... any organized party that has a specific dress code. (the one exception is the B&W ball which doesn't enforce things too hard and, more importantly, isn't the only game in town... if folk don't want to dress up to get in, they are still right there at the hotel with loads of other options.)

i've been at plenty of con-organized parties at swanky places... but the organizers would always lean on the club or bar or whatever during the planning phase to say "look, some of our people like to dress their own way, but unless you want us to take our business elsewhere you won't say a thing about shorts or sneakers or collars at the door when our wristbands are in play" etc etc. HITB did it the best, really. everyone got to have a great time at some bar in K.L. and the local stuffy dress code was just blatantly ignored when we walked in. perfect plan, in my view.
                  "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                  - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                    wow, man... pretty severe sentiments there. is there anything you'd care to elaborate about in greater detail regarding this whole matter? or is it bad form to go into specifics here on the forums?

heh... hanging out at the party with flea can be dangerous... once i was chatting up a girl that i didn't know was part of his posse and we damn near came to blows until i understood that he wasn't joking about being territorial.
                    Nothing I'm going to go into here on the forums. Be happy to explain it all in person. Too much typing required.

And yes, I am territorial about my women. It's disrespectful to hit on a girl without first finding out if somebody brought her or if she's available, to her and the person who may have brought her. Now, you could choose to be disrespectful, full disclosure, I've done it plenty, but if you do choose this path, you should be prepared to deal with the people who are upset with you.

Comment

BTW: Free doesn't mean that it wouldn't be apprecaited if someone were to bring, say a 12 pack, a bottle or even some cookies.

If you've got a special dish, or some special booze, please feel free to bring it. This party is usually a lot of fun, and the more the merrier.

I just wanted everyone to know, there's going to be a minimum level of booze available.

I'm planning on making Guac, and there's going to be nachos with our world famous awesomesauce as well as the aforementioned booze.

Feel free to bring everything and anything you like with you!

Adam Normal

I'm with flea! Skip toorcon, hang out at icetre's party all weekend. That's my plan :)

I heard that last year's toorcon "free attendee party" actually had a dress code and a drink ticket that wouldn't pay for a full drink? Screw that, this party is clothing optional, and free booze until you get carted away by ambulance! (or swept up by street sweeper).

Comment

Meh, minimum levels, meaning, everyone will get drunk. :) Way drunk. :)

I more think I'm trying to say here, that you shouldn't worry, but that if you felt making a green bean casserole, it would be appreciated. Or sweedish meatballs, Or anything else.

Adam

BTW: Free doesn't mean that it wouldn't be apprecaited if someone were to bring, say a 12 pack, a bottle or even some cookies.

If you've got a special dish, or some special booze, please feel free to bring it. This party is usually a lot of fun, and the more the merrier.

I just wanted everyone to know, there's going to be a minimum level of booze available.

I'm planning on making Guac, and there's going to be nachos with our world famous awesomesauce as well as the aforementioned booze.

Feel free to bring everything and anything you like with you!

Adam Normal

Comment

<snip>...or some special booze...<snip>
                          Now you're speaking my language. I think I can dig something up to contribute...
                          "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

Comment

Bees will not be allowed at the party!
                            --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

Bees will not be allowed at the party!
                              Damnit, and I was going to bring all my Apiarist friends, now I don't wanna come.
                              A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Comment

Working...
                              X