Shmoocon, ticket, sales, November 1, 12:00pm, Eastern Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shmoocon, ticket, sales, November 1, 12:00pm, Eastern Time

Tickets on sale Sunday 12:00PM EST, not EDT. Make sure you set your clocks.

xor

http://www.shmoocon.org/registration.html
    Last edited by xor; October 31, 2009, 13:45.
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Re: Shmoocon

Originally posted by xor View Post
    Tickets on sale Sunday 12:00PM EST, not EDT. Make sure you set your clocks.

xor

http://www.shmoocon.org/registration.html
    That was a ClusterFsck

Comment

Re: Shmoocon, ticket, sales, November 1, 12:00pm, Eastern Time

Yes, it certainly was a clusterfsck, but hey, I don't care, I got mine, and it only took me 33 minutes and about 40 tries.
      A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Comment

Really?

I found it a little confusing, mostly b/c the link was below the fold. I reloaded every thirty seconds and didn't realize the link was down the page until 12:03. By then all of the $100 tickets were gone, but I got mine at 12:04 :) Server was a little slow, but it there was no trouble other then that.

Mel
        Secretary

Comment

Major Clusterfuck. At least 30x of the "ticket sales resume Dec 1" message. Once the captcha failed, even though I double checked it ($175 ticket). 4x the page said the number of tickets I wanted ("1") weren't available. Finally, an Early Bird ticket popped up (WTF?), and it was available, and the captcha worked.
          Thorn
          "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

Early bird tickets were still available at 14:30. That has never happened in the past.

Comment

Barcode finally came in the email today. I was a little worried when it never showed up on Sunday when I paid lol.

I dunno, I'd have to say that was way more painless for me than last year. Last year I tried getting a ticket when it went on sale, failed miserably, and lucked out when they released some tickets on an off day. I dunno, I'm still not a big fan of the race to get tickets, but I've gotten mine two years in a row now. Guess I can't complain too much.

Now to email Shmoocon Labs...

Mel
              Secretary

Comment

I've got one (1) extra Open Registration ticket/barcode for sale. Price is $200.00 which covers the ticket, "paypal fees", and a beer for you and me.

Talk to Prez, Thorn or Streaker for a character reference after they stop laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by beakmyn View Post
                  I've got one (1) extra Open Registration ticket/barcode for sale. Price is $200.00 which covers the ticket, "paypal fees", and a beer for you and me.

Talk to Prez, Thorn or Streaker for a character reference after they stop laughing.
                  Very trust worthy person, just don't leave your internet kiosk alone in a room with him.

xor
                  Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

Originally posted by xor View Post
                    Very trust worthy person, just don't leave your internet kiosk alone in a room with him.

xor
                    Also, if he's riding with you and offers to let you use his GPS unit to find your way around, don't, his GPS leads you all the wrong ways.
                    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker69 View Post
                      Also, if he's riding with you and offers to let you use his GPS unit to find your way around, don't, his GPS leads you all the wrong ways.
                      Hey now. I've got all new maps and a new version of the program so that's not true. There wasn't a buggy vehicle option, not my fault if the horse can't keep up.

Comment

Bah. I want to go to Shmoo this year, but RL might get in the way again (that's what happens when I date a non-geek woman :/)

did they do many off day ticket sales last year?
                        "As Arthur C Clarke puts it, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic". Here is my corollary: "Any sufficiently technical expert is indistinguishable from a witch"."

Comment

Originally posted by g3k_ View Post
                          Bah. I want to go to Shmoo this year, but RL might get in the way again (that's what happens when I date a non-geek woman :/)

Only one day, and that was because of issues with the website.

Comment

I've got an extra one for sale if you want it.

Comment

D.C. has a huge number of things to keep non-geeks entertained. The National Zoo is about 2 blocks from the hotel, and the Mall, Washington Monument, Smithsonian, etc. is short subway ride away. The subway station is on the same block as the hotel.
                              Thorn
                              "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

Working...
                              X