X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seramai
    replied
    Re: HHV 2010

Thanks to Dr. Volts for his demo on Friday. You could see the joy on his face as he was explaining his 3D printer Maker Box.

Thanks to Bret, Chris, and GaL for helping me with my badge Saturday morning. It was a lot of, "First you do then, and then you do this..."

Kindness to this noob is noted and appreciated.

Unfortuantely, all the kits and stamps were sold out, and the two I ordered before the Con were on back order. I will be ready for next year.

Who will go to bat for us and get us ready-steady WiFi for next year's Con?

Thank you again.

Leave a comment:

• charliex
    replied

One of the girls here killed her badge about six o'clock, so i gave her mine, But i just managed to bring up back up again via the BDM.

symptoms were the two led's were on and dim. the bootloader still worked, but for some reason it'd switched to 9600 7N1 (7 bits!) but wouldn't take any S records.

I'm sure we'll be up for attempting to fix badges in the HHV tomorrow too.

Actually after further investigation, i don't think it was bricked in the usual way, it was the first time she tried to flash via serial, and it did exactly the same thing when i just tried a serial flash, so it might be a build defect, maybe a bad FT232R, i'll swap it out.
    Last edited by charliex; July 29th, 2010, 21:52.

Leave a comment:

• Aurora
    replied

Originally posted by seramai View Post
    I am afraid to come to the HHV empty handed. I have no skills and do not want to modify/ruin my badge. Please advise.
    Yes... well....since I've already either fried my battery or the hardware (with my magnetic personality of course LOL) I'm coming with my non-working LCD badge in hand. I should get a prize for being the first person to kill the badge :) I didn't even do anything to it... really... LOL

Leave a comment:

• seramai
    replied

Thank you.

Coming empty handed is not an option for me.

Any noob kit recommendations?

Leave a comment:

• A
    replied

Originally posted by seramai View Post
    I am afraid to come to the HHV empty handed. I have no skills and do not want to modify/ruin my badge. Please advise.
    Purchase one of the kits in the vendor area and come find a kind soul to help you with it. That or just stop by and watch one of the talks we are going to have.

Leave a comment:

• seramai
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kampf
    replied

Bring it along. I'm sure it'll get an audience.

Leave a comment:

• charliex
    replied

i'd be interested, haven't seen one in the flesh yet.

Leave a comment:

• Rhenium
    replied

Hello all,

I was wondering if there was any interest in people seeing a makerbot at the HHV this year. I live a few hours away (will be driving over) and was thinking of bringing my fairly new bot with me. It needs 110V power, but is otherwise good to go.

Rhenium

Leave a comment:

• sugardaddy
    replied

I have a conflict this year (working the SE CTF) and won't be able to join the HHV fun. Still planning to swing by in the afternoon/evening but probably won't be able to work a full shift this year. Sounds like it's shaping up to be another great year though. If I don't talk to you beforehand I'll see you all there.

SD

Leave a comment:

• A
    replied

Originally posted by FirmWarez View Post
    1) Last year there was a box of junk for scrounging (I lucked out and found the 7805 I needed on the first board I picked up!). I'm driving this year; I've got a lot of stuff both at work and in my lab at home that I'd be willing to donate for a scrounge box. Who do I get that to or do I just show up at the village with a big box o'stuff?
    Oh yeah and e-junk is always cool as long as you are cool taking a similar amount back with you at the end of con. Last year we had to get creative with e-waste disposal.

Leave a comment:

• A
    replied

2) Are more volunteers needed? I'm an embedded systems guy with 16+ years of experience...
    I've just started getting the list together for coordinated volunteers (the people who try to keep people from burning down the shop). We're still at the 'see who can make it back from last year' stage, but if we have open slots after that I'll post here.

But remember that the HHV is all about a space to let people help each other out and learn about hardware. Even if you're not on the list of official volunteers we are always happy to see the folks who come to help people with their projects.

We are still working on how we're doing talks this year in the HHV, but if you'd like to help out by giving a presentation on a topic or project keep an eye out for a post about that.

Leave a comment:

• bombnav
    replied

1) Last year there was a box of junk for scrounging (I lucked out and found the 7805 I needed on the first board I picked up!). I'm driving this year; I've got a lot of stuff both at work and in my lab at home that I'd be willing to donate for a scrounge box. Who do I get that to or do I just show up at the village with a big box o'stuff?

2) Are more volunteers needed? I'm an embedded systems guy with 16+ years of experience...
    E-mail Russ.

Junk Good, We need more Junk in my opinion. Last year we had some quaility junk thats for sure.

Leave a comment:

• FirmWarez
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SmittyHalibut
    replied

I'll be finishing up BlackHat on Thursday (work is sending me! Wa-hoo!), but could do a Thursday night HHV get-together. That sounds like a good idea to me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X