Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contest Area POC Changes

All,

This summer will mark my last year as a contest POC. Pyr0, who has diligently served the Defcon community for years as my "backup" will be stepping up and taking control of the contest and events areas. For this year, I will step back and provide a support role to Pyr0 as he gets his feet under him, and attempts to undo all the damage I've caused over the years (grin).

I put "backup" in quotes because Pyr0 has been much more than that over the years. I have no doubt, whatsoever, that he's going to take the Defcon contests and events into new and awesome areas.

If you have emailed me about a contest or event, and I have not already responded to you, please email Pyr0 and CC me, so we can ensure we address whatever needs to be addressed.

As for me, I'll still be running the HHV and playing in the Goon Band. I really enjoy those areas, a lot. I assume I'll eventually fall into another area, in a similar fashion to how I took over contests when I left the vendor area, years ago. But I'll still be around, and still doing stuff, but it's time for me to take a step back and recharge my batteries.

Thanks for all the wild times. I'll see you this summer.

-Russ
    russ(at)defcon<dot>org

Re: Contest Area POC Changes

Thanks for the introduction Russ,
    I look forward to stepping up, and I'm proud to say that we don't really plan on changing anything from your legacy! For those of you who have run contests in the past I'm happy to working with you again. For groups or people who are creating and bringing something new to the arena this year I'm excited to meet you and want to thank you in advance for continuing to help us grow and keeping thing fresh!

If you have any questions or if there is anything I can help you with please contact me at:
    Pyr0(at)defcon<dot>org
    (be sure to spell Pyr0 with a Zero, not an "o")

See you all this summer!
    Pyr0

Comment

Hey Russ and Pyr0, thanks for all your hard work in running the contest floor area.Over the last several years, the number of contests have grown, but the room continued to remain organized. People that have run contests in the contest space have had good things to say about you.

To people running contests: The emails I've sent out tell you to make arrangements with Russ for contest floor space still apply. Some time in June, I'll review the list of contest/event forums for contests or events that would use floor space, and send that list to Pyr0 and CC Russ. If they don't know about your contest or event being in their space, the forum will be removed. Pyr0 and Russ make the decisions about the contest area, and contest/event forums follow their decisions. Get your info to Pyr0 and Russ, if you are planning to be on the contest floor.

If you are looking to run a new contest, talking to Pyr0 and Russ and maybe Jeff is your first step. no forum will be created for NEW contests unless I hear from these two, or Jeff.

This change has me wondering... what will Russ do next year? With his skills in organizing events and planning, maybe he will fix the economy, even if that would be trivial, in comparison. We should have a collection of guesses on what he will be doing at Defcon next year.

Anyway, it has been a pleasure working with you to get contests/events approved into the forums, and that will be missed.

Thanks Pry0 for stepping up to lead this. Just like like year, I'll be sending you the email for confirmation but be CC-ing Russ instead. Like previous years, if there is a last-minute addition to the contest floor, let Neil or me know so we can update the links and forums.

Thanks you guys!
      -Cot
      Last edited by TheCotMan; March 3, 2010, 11:01.

Comment

This seems like craziness to me. Who is this supposed pyr0? What has he ever done for this community?!?!?! Mutiny I say!
        BRING BACK RUSS
        BRING BACK RUSS
        BRING BACK RUSS

:D
        perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
          This seems like craziness to me. Who is this supposed pyr0? What has he ever done for this community?!?!?! Mutiny I say!
          BRING BACK RUSS
          BRING BACK RUSS
          BRING BACK RUSS

:D
          I'm coming for women, children, your career, and soon all the children will know me as RUSS. HA HA HA HA!!!!
          -Pyr0

:)

Comment

Originally posted by Pyr0 View Post
            I'm coming for women, children, your career, and soon all the children will know me as RUSS. HA HA HA HA!!!!
            -Pyr0

:)

Well that ought to confuse the hell oughta Ed.
            "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Comment

Pyro, so can I seriously call you Russ from now on? Dude, you *can't* go to bed before 10...seriously.

Russ is the man!

Comment

Working...
              X