Anti-virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-virus

Any thoughts on SOPHOS anti virus? I just recieved a few copies and wonder if anyone has put it to the test........
    Apex

http://www.shadowbiz.net

It is generally run by businesses only because of the market that sophos has maintained for profitability... we use it at work. Seems to work okay as antiviruses go. I personally don't use them, outside of occasional scan at housecall.antivirus.com to make sure a download is cool
    if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Re: Anti-virus

Originally posted by Apex
      Any thoughts on SOPHOS anti virus? I just recieved a few copies and wonder if anyone has put it to the test........

They are very active also as we compare this to other leading anti-virus products such as symantec, mcafee, trendmicro, etc. I'm not sure how quick they can provide virus data pattern update.

Right now, I'm using Norton anti-virus for workstation that run update smoothly with my Norton Personal Firewall. I'm using trend micro for managing Exchange servers.

They were configured to download virus update daily...

I'm planning to add figjan for anti-virus solution ...

Comment

Sophos

I have no problem saying that Sophos ROCKS!

I used to use McAfee. Then I got Norton and Norton found a virus that McAfee missed. Then we got Sophos at work, and it found tewo viruses that Norton missed.

Plus, Sophos lets all your employees use a copy FREE on their home PCs, logic being that they can take the file to work and it would be just as safe as it was at home.

Just be sure you set it up right. It's easy once you get the hang of it. But if I read about a new virus I no longer freak out because I know Sophos is working.

Comment

Hmmm.. I dont' know when the last time I used an antivirus program... I think the last one I really liked was AVP, http://www.kaspersky.com/ ... but now and then I do a free online scan at Symantec, Mcaffee... most of the scanners slow my system to a crawl.

Comment

I guess theres somthing wrong with this but its all about the panda antivirus, I've never used but its got to be good due to the fact that it has a panda on the cover with cybernetic gear planted into its head.

fear the panda
            There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

- Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by L0nd0
              I guess theres somthing wrong with this but its all about the panda antivirus
              Yeah I think I have a book or two written by the panda people on data recovery, the books are pretty old... but were pretty decent for their time.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwave

Yeah I think I have a book or two written by the panda people on data recovery, the books are pretty old... but were pretty decent for their time.
                blackwave,
                what book are you referring?

Comment

Pamela Kane
                  The Data Recovery Bible: Preventing and Surviving Computer Disasters
                  Brady, 1993
                  ISBN: 1566860806

She also has quite a few virus books out... at one time Pamela Kane was one of McAfee's competitors

Though now that I googled around I noticed that Pamela Kane was President of Panda Systems, (Dr. Panda Utilities) and this seems not the same as/or in relation to Panda Security http://www.pandasecurity.com/, or their internaional Panda Software http://www.pandasoftware.com/ other than the word Panda...

How funny until this moment I thought they were one in the same, and just evolved through the years....

Anyone ever know what happened to Pamela Kane?

Comment

SOPHOS is a damn good program. When I tested all the anti-virus companies against my viruses they came out ahead detecting more than the other ones.

They also have a Mac version, i believe if ya get into their beta area its a freebie.

Comment

Panda has a major drawback, it MUST run on Outlook. If you do not install the Outlook portion, you will be prompted incessantly about it. I called Panda to complain and they told me I had to run the mail portion of the AV. Sorry Panda, no can do!

Comment

Working...
                      X