Temptation and cryptic hints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temptation and cryptic hints

Hey, that's what Hunt is all about, right?

Hunt judging staff is working on some really cool things this year. We are addressing some issues brought up last year by previous team members and DC staff alike. It's gonna be fun.

Tshirts, getcher tshirts here! It won't be so hard to identify judges. Everyone knows Siviak but who are those other fuckers at the table? Does the shirt say "JUDGE?" It will next year.

More tshirts, getcher contest tshirts here! Yea, extra super cool official DC con shwag shirts by Jinx are usually included but this year expect some "we are the winnars!" tshirts just for the teams supreme.

Prize packages are being beefed up. It isn't just what Siviak manages to silver tongue his way into, although that is the spirit of the hunt and will continue to be part of the whole deal. Hey, you guys work at it, so should he!
    But we are also working diligently at some extra super cool stuff to make it all worth while from some retailers online. Come by the table and check out some of what YOU ...COULD...WIN!!!!
    "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Re: Temptation and cryptic hints

As an added incentive next year, custom "winner" tshirts and patches are being planned. This time, all members of the top two winning teams will receive SOMETHING in return.

Also, as mentioned previously, prize packages are being beefed up. Come check us out at Defcon 18 in the contest room!
    Last edited by eris; May 5th, 2010, 10:18.

Comment

indeed fantastic things are afoot!

We have been busting asses all around to ensure that this year the Scavenger Hunt is new AND improved. In addition to a new list of untold awesomeness, we have some great prize packs (thanks to Eris doing the unthinkable and finding us some sponsors BEFORE the con), we have a few new rules, we have a few new judges (that's right, you no longer have to wait for me to sober up enough to find my shoes in order to turn in points), we have banners and signs so we're easier to find (novel idea huh?), we've got new challenges, new ideas and SCADS more.

I've worked insanely hard, both as a contestant as well as an organizer, over the past 10 years to help make the Scavenger Hunt as enjoyable as I could for everyone involved. I have received a lot of suggestions, thoughts and ideas in the past and I have worked, not always to success, to make changes to the contest to ensure it's continued enjoyment by all those involved. This year is only slightly different. This year I have had a plan, and help! (sometimes in the form of a knife named 'Motivation' held to my throat).

I really have to thank Eris and Vandal for all of their help thus far this year. They have already been a ton of help and the con's not even here yet.

Hrm... my beer seems to have run dry, so I'll wrap this up;

If you've played in the past, I highly suggest that you do so again this year. If you've never played before, now is the time to do it!! Make no mistake, this contest is among the longest running for a reason.... and this year, we hope to show the entire convention why...

See you at the table,
      Siv
      If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Temptation and cryptic hints ?

Only real JERKS would run a contest full of temptation and cryptic hints. Jeez. What do you think this is, a hacker con?

HOW LAME.

;)

Comment

Actually Siv, you and the hunt crew rule :)

Comment

Originally posted by LosT View Post
            Temptation and cryptic hints ?

Only real JERKS would run a contest full of temptation and cryptic hints. Jeez. What do you think this is, a hacker con?

HOW LAME.

;)

Be careful what you say, Lost, the hunt judges revenge can be merciless!

Comment

Only real JERKS would run a contest full of temptation and cryptic hints. Jeez...
              FROM YOU OK... I LEARNED IT FROM WATCHING YOU!!!

*this PSA brought to you by Partners for a Ass-Hat Free Defcon*
              If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Prize packages are beginning to come together. Yes, BEFORE con. Remember, First Place teams will get prizes and tshirts and Second Place team will get tshirts. Third place team...well, DON'T BE THIRD PLACE TEAM.

Comment

The List LIVES!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Siviak View Post
                    The List LIVES!!!!

and before friday morning!!!

*scurries off too pack up the prizes acquired before con*

Comment

That IS an accomplishment. I look forward to watching the folks look for the list..one of these days I'm either going to help out or play. Thanks guys, for years I get a real mental kick watching people run around trying to find those items. Often Ill just be walking and hear/see someone working on it out of no where, its like its the only thing want to do at the con.

Keep up the good work!!!

Originally posted by eris View Post
                      and before friday morning!!!

*scurries off too pack up the prizes acquired before con*
                      +++ Dallas +++

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                        That IS an accomplishment. I look forward to watching the folks look for the list..one of these days I'm either going to help out or play. Thanks guys, for years I get a real mental kick watching people run around trying to find those items. Often Ill just be walking and hear/see someone working on it out of no where, its like its the only thing want to do at the con.

Keep up the good work!!!

Thatnks, Dallas! Some changes this year that we hope will make it even more exciting and fun to watch and participate!

Comment

Working...
                        X