Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacker Karaoke ?

I GOT to see this !!

Please remember that most musicians make good programmers as well as computer enthusiasts (nice word for hacker eh?)

so THIS should be VERY interesting to see and participate in....

If I am the only person signing up for this... then I get paid for it.. period.

Payment can be in the form of information, drinks, code, tools, etc... you get the drift.

Re: Hacker Karaoke ?

Karaoke sucks, turns out there's a reason why most people don't sing.

And I don't think your claim that programmers make good musicians is true.

For a good time, go see the goon band, live music by very talented people!

Comment

I'm in . . . .

and I have video evidence that shows that the following hackers are down with the mic:

Jason Geffner (hardest rocker you have ever seen)
      B9Punk (can sing anything . . . and pretty well)
      Paul (GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS!!!!!)
      Deviant Ollam (best range - 3 octaves if I remember right)
      Boris (good beastie boys)
      Alex (likes to rap)
      Roamer (see facebook)
      Overdose (see facebook) <--- BEST IN SHOW
      Golgo (see facebook)
      Cy (see facebook)
      Brian (see facebook)

There's almost an hour right there.
      -Pyr0

Comment

It was a lot of fun last year, but unfortunately coincided with the goon band. Hopefully that won't happen again this year. It'd be nice to be able to do both.
        45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
        45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
        [ redacted ]

Comment

Originally posted by Pyr0 View Post
          video evidence that shows...
          Jason Geffner
          ah, the Metallica "yeeeeaaah" trick.

Paul (GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS!!!!!)
          heh, yeah, i have that video, too. i think he hopes that it will never get out in the wild.

Deviant Ollam
          gah, i got caught on camera, as well?

Roamer
          singing about Eastern Motors?

Originally posted by bascule View Post
          It'd be nice to be able to do both.
          i plan on seeing Recognize play, for sure. and i also plan on stopping by the Karaoke room again. Maybe i'll get to take on Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline before someone else nabs it this time.
          "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
          - Trent Reznor

Comment

We did rock Hackcon pretty good last year...
            "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post

i plan on seeing Recognize play, for sure. and i also plan on stopping by the Karaoke room again. Maybe i'll get to take on Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline before someone else nabs it this time.
              Thanks man. We'll be looking for you there. Unless there is an unexpected change we'll be playing Friday night at 8 for an hour. I, too, hope Hacker Karaoke doesn't conflict this year because I want to swing by and throw down as well.
              perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Karaoke was a lot longer than an hour though. I was there for two or three and went back to the room early. Unless I have false memories implanted by the aliens who abducted me later that night...

Mel
                Secretary

Comment

Originally posted by bluerules View Post
                  Karaoke sucks, turns out there's a reason why most people don't sing.

And I don't think that programmers make good musicians is true.

For a good time, go see the goon band, live music by very talented people!

You are right, that programmers do not make good musicians, but that is not what I said.

Musicians make good programmers. remember, there is a difference between a 0 and an O

Most people I've seen try or do Karaoke can't sing to save their lives. usually ends up with broken glasses on the floor, if you catch the meaning.

But there are those that don't brag and bring it when you least expect it. Never judge a book by the font used.

And yes, I've had other Karaoke singers sit down and let me do the entertaining for the night. I've received quite a lot of free drinks and other things (winks) because of it..... so lets see <shrugs>

lets just have fun.

Goon Band and others, kewl. Hopefully we can hit all of them and chill.

Comment

We still have plenty of details left to work out, but as far as I know OD & Bascule will be heading up the Karaoke again this year. It was VERY popular last year, so we discussed giving it more space, and yes, non conflicting with the goon band. I just wanted to add my little tidbits of knowledge. OH and don't judge a book by it's cover, a lot of us really can sing.
                    "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

yesy yes boys and girls, Hacker karaoke will indeed be happening this year once again. Bigger and mosre spectacular than last year with so much more to offer this year. We are also considering making aan unofficialy contest for those who want to perticpate. If you dont want to be in the contest, you can always feel free to sing (this is NOT JUST FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO BE IN THE CONTEST) so come out, be merry, and bring your vocal chords of platinum +20. We will have more information as it becomes available.

-OverDose

Comment

I'll definitely be dropping by to check this out this year, though I won't be bringing any +20 vocal chords. I just discovered a set of +1's and thought those were good, guess I'll sit out!

Comment

Working...
                        X