SkyJump (new stratosphere ride)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyJump (new stratosphere ride)

Stratosphere just opened a new thrill ride, you put on a harness, are attached to a cable, and step off a platform at the top of the stratosphere. 108 stories straight down attached only to your harness.

I'm definitely checking this out, about $100/jump

http://www.skyjumplasvegas.com/Skyjump (awful site)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frINHN49wYQ

Re: SkyJump (new stratosphere ride)

Wow, it looks like fun - but I am WAY to much of a wuss for 108 stories straight down!

Comment

Originally posted by Ne0nRa1n View Post
      Wow, it looks like fun - but I am WAY to much of a wuss for 108 stories straight down!
      Maybe you could pay them half and only go down 54 stories? :)
      A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Comment

I'm thinking of saying I'll fix that 0.5mb background image for a free jump or two.

Comment

That looks awesome... too bad I'm also a pussy when it comes to things like a 108 story freefall
          45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
          45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
          [ redacted ]

Comment

One of the young girl reporters on NBC's Today Show did it on this morning's show. She said she had to be talked into it for the first jump, but then she liked it so much, she did it two more times on her own.
            Thorn
            "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

No fun, you don't even reach terminal velocity.

xor
              Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

Originally posted by xor View Post
                No fun, you don't even reach terminal velocity.

xor
                According to the Today report, you max out at about 40 MPH.
                Thorn
                "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

The adrenaline rush would make my heart explode, I'll stick to not tempting death,who knows though I may be inclined to do it... I have done dumber.
                  Originally posted by Ellen
                  Do I wish we could all be like hexjunkie? Heck yes I do. :) That would rock.

Comment

Originally posted by hexjunkie View Post
                    ...who knows though I may be inclined to do it... I have done dumber.
                    Cancun, spring break '99... nothing more needs to be said, eh?

If they'll let me to it with a BAC well over the legal limit, I might actually consider it. Though if tequila is added to the mix there is a distinct possibility of a mess waiting for me at the bottom...
                    "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

Comment

Working...
                    X