Still run by DC702?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still run by DC702?

Is this event still run by DC702? If so, there are a bunch of potential new members waiting in the wings.

Re: Still run by DC702?

Originally posted by big chopper View Post
    Is this event still run by DC702? If so, there are a bunch of potential new members waiting in the wings.
    I think a few years ago, there was a disagreement between DCG702 members on the direction to take members, and that is when "Vegas 2.0" was created to take some of the previous members in a new direction which could include fund raisers and entertainment and more. Trying to build a story from what I've read since then, it seems the people that then took over 702 ran it for a while, but have not been as active as they once were, probably plagued by loss of members due to financial troubles. Las Vegas as a tourist location was hit harder than cities that have a more diversified tax base. Previous members have probably moved away or not had as much time.

Also, last year, "Vegas 2.0," took time off and did not run The Summit because of a tragedy mentioned last year. I think Dallas took it over, with some of the money slated to go to a charity that would help people that encountered similar trouble (Make a Wish Foundation) in addition to money going to the EFF.

Now, it seems, Vegas 2.0 is back to host The Summit as Hackajar told us they would 2 years ago when he said they would take a break over last year and return to host it this year.
    Last edited by TheCotMan; April 26th, 2010, 16:41.

Comment

Re: Still run by DC702?

This event is currently ran by Vegas 2.0. If you would like to assist with event we would love to have your help and support. Please PM me for further details.

Note: this event will not be associated with dc702 group that people are talking about spinning back up again. You are more than welcome to be a part of that group and Vegas 2.0. We do NOT have the position of "Them or us".
      "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Working...
      X