Penn & Teller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penn & Teller

A few years ago we went to see Penn & Teller on the Sunday after Defcon. This was after the MSNBC chick tried to go undercover. They had a bit where they were going through the recent news, and they totally namedropped Defcon.

Anyone ever considered inviting them to Defcon directly? They seem down.
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
    [ redacted ]

Re: Penn & Teller

We've been trying to get them to turn up at Defcon since Defcon 3*. They're fully aware of us and will turn up if they can and want.

*This includes a to-remain-nameless attendee interrupting a show to ask Penn if he was coming to Defcon next year to have Penn say 'Ya, I'm thinking about it'

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

This reminds me, is Adam Savage coming back this year?
      “I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.”

Comment

Maybe you should get yourself a copy of their movie "Penn & Teller Get Killed" and have him autograph it. Then he'd at least know you were a true fan, after all, not many people actually saw that movie.
        A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Comment

Originally posted by number006 View Post
          This reminds me, is Adam Savage coming back this year?
          No. This message is now longer than 10 characters, because you can't just post "no".
          "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Oh really?

Comment

They seem really amazing. I have seen their show the last few years after Defcon but I don't think I will be able to make it this year. I did get them to autograph my goon badge one year. Teller even held it up to his neck while we took a photo!

Comment

I happened to have my badge on and Penn signed mine as well "Oh defcon guys, thanks for coming Boss".

Comment

Originally posted by bascule View Post
                  A few years ago we went to see Penn & Teller on the Sunday after Defcon.
                  I was at the same show...when they mentioned Dateline/Defcon, at least 50 people applauded. As I recall, Teller came out after the show and hung out with the crowd for a while.

Just FYI, you need to get your tickets a couple of months in advance if you plan to go.

Al

....and Teller's zombie short on "Diary of the Dead" was hilarious.
                  Last edited by alklloyd; July 20, 2010, 12:50.
                  "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

Originally posted by alklloyd View Post
                    IJust FYI, you need to get your tickets a couple of months in advance if you plan to go.
                    Really? I have never had any problem getting tickets the day of the show, unless I was looking for front row ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Ne0nRa1n View Post
                      Really? I have never had any problem getting tickets the day of the show, unless I was looking for front row ones.
                      we, too, bought our tickets that same evening (and were close enough for P&T to invite me up on stage for the gun finale, woot) but that may have changed in recent years.
                      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                        we, too, bought our tickets that same evening (and were close enough for P&T to invite me up on stage for the gun finale, woot) but that may have changed in recent years.
                        I remember that! That was so awesome when you were up on stage. I was very happily jealous for you. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Ne0nRa1n View Post
                          I went last year with a crew of 3. We had no problems getting tickets the day of the show. The seats were not front and center, but they were good enough to enjoy the shenanigans of the show.

Comment

I am going on Monday, they still have VIP passes for that show...
                            If anyone else is keen I will be happy to share a cab.
                            One of gods own prototypes.
                            Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Comment

Is it bad form to social engineer your way into a vegas show?

Comment

Working...
                              X