Where is Team Goon? [edited]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Team Goon? [edited]

We NEED a Team Goon. Where are you guys? Don't be n00bs, prove you're not just script kiddies... I won't rest until at least one of y'all signs up. I realize this is Saturday evening, but you can't ALL be on duty...

/me throws down the gauntlet (again)

Re: Where is Team Goon? Don't be n00bs!

Originally posted by SmittyHalibut View Post
    Don't be n00bs, prove you're not just script kiddies...
    What's wrong with being a noob? Everyone was a noob once.
    And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

You are correct that my choice of the term n00b was probably poor form. I'm just trying to be silly and gently provoke the self-aggrandizing quality that seems to be so pervasive among hackers to get some Goons to sign up and compete. I gotta remember that tone of voice doesn't come through in forum posts. Please retroactively apply a ";-)" to all my Team Goon posts. :-)

Ironically, I was trying to avoid other terms that _I_ would consider insulting, and just didn't it through far enough apparently.

Comment

So people don't think I'm trying to be sneaky about the change, I've asked TheCotMan to remove the "Don't be n00bs!" from the thread title.

Comment

Ironically, I was trying to avoid other terms that _I_ would consider insulting, and just didn't it through far enough apparently.
          Don't feel bad about it, I'm probably overly sensitive when I think people are using it in a negative connotation, and I just on it. So it's cool.
          And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

So people don't think I'm trying to be sneaky about the change, I've asked TheCotMan to remove the "Don't be n00bs!" from the thread title.
            Edited to replace the previous title with [edited]. This does not alter the replies up until now. Replies to thread inherit the title of the item being replied-to. The only way around that would be to edit posts, or alter the DB, and I don't like altering people's content unless they ask.

Good news? The thread has the words you wanted removed removed and will advertise that way and all future replies to the thread should get the new title in them.

Comment

Re: Where is Team Goon? [edited]

Which is precisely what I was looking for. Thanks, Cot.

Wiz: We coo'? Yeah, we coo'. </marsellus wallace> :-)

Comment

Working...
              X