Goon Band? What about Team Goon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goon Band? What about Team Goon?

Not trying to cross promote in various threads so I won't actually mention the name of the contest in question, but...

Y'all are n00bs! Sign up a team already! You know what I'm talking about. We're on different nights, I know you're available. You can make it Team Recognize if you want. :-D

Re: Goon Band? What about Team Goon?

Originally posted by SmittyHalibut View Post
    Not trying to cross promote in various threads so I won't actually mention the name of the contest in question, but...

Y'all are n00bs! Sign up a team already! You know what I'm talking about. We're on different nights, I know you're available. You can make it Team Recognize if you want. :-D
    Just like I said in your own forum, what's wrong with being a n00b? Why are you trying to use it as an insult? Everyone here was new once, everyone was just starting out. Are you saying you don't want n00b's to do your contest? Do you have to be 1337 to do it?

And really, I can't speak for the guys in the good band, but I don't know if your tactic is really the best way to get them or any goons to participate in your contest. It's a bit childish.
    And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

See the thread over there. Quick summary: You are right, using the term "n00b" sends the wrong message. I'm just trying to a) be silly (poorly, apparently) and b) tap into the self-aggrandizing nature that seems to be so prevalent in the hacker community and provoke the Goon's to make up a team (also pretty poorly, apparently.)

The last thing I wanted to do was insult or come across as being a dick. Just trying to have some fun, but not intending to do so at anyone's expense. I'll shut up now. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by SmittyHalibut View Post
        See the thread over there. Quick summary: You are right, using the term "n00b" sends the wrong message. I'm just trying to a) be silly (poorly, apparently) and b) tap into the self-aggrandizing nature that seems to be so prevalent in the hacker community and provoke the Goon's to make up a team (also pretty poorly, apparently.)

The last thing I wanted to do was insult or come across as being a dick. Just trying to have some fun, but not intending to do so at anyone's expense. I'll shut up now. :-)
        team for what?
        we are allready banned from hacker jeopardy fro drinking too much...
        what else are we gonna do while off shift.
        noob!
        everyday i sit here and wonder what the hell is wrong with you all!

Comment

Originally posted by Queeg View Post
          team for what?
          we are allready banned from hacker jeopardy fro drinking too much...
          what else are we gonna do while off shift.
          noob!
          https://forum.defcon.org/forumdisplay.php?f=517

Crash And Compile! A programming contest drinking game. Oh, come on, you know you want to... ;-)

Technically, we're full up, but I'll make an exception if a team of Goons wants to sign up.

Comment

Working...
          X