Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All most T-30 for the HHV

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • All most T-30 for the HHV

    Okay its almost T-30 and I would like to throw this out. What is everyone bringing so we can cordinate a little.

    I am have the following on my list:

    Solder Paste... lots of it.
    Solder.

    Several more irons plus some that were left over and found their way into my pelican case (nothing fancy just standard stuff) I do have some var temp stations that I will be bringing.

    Thinking about bringing my hotair rework station but am a little nervous.

    I have an old analog Tektronic O-scope I could bring.

    Lots of multi meters to be place out on the tables.

    Some common tools to loan out.

    Still working the rest but I might not be staying at the RIV this year and don't want to hawl too much over in a Taxi. (Got some free rooms over at Palace Station so I might just go with them this time around).


    Let me know of any requests and I will see what I can dig up.

  • #2
    Re: All most T-30 for the HHV

    I'm flying this year, so I can't bring much. :-(

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: All most T-30 for the HHV

      Originally posted by SmittyHalibut View Post
      I'm flying this year, so I can't bring much. :-(
      I'm not flying Southwest this year so checked backs cost extra. won't be bringing much with me besides the necessary...
      afterburn

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: All most T-30 for the HHV

        In reality what do we really need.

        Soldering irons, solder, Multi-meters. That hits about 90 % of whats needed.

        I have about 10 irons, tons of solder (solid and paste) and some flux. I have 3 or 4 DVMs and some common tools.

        So bottom line it will work out no matter what we bring, it always does as a lot of people bring their own tools.

        I did not hear but are we getting the same skybox space again this year?

        The key is space... how do we arrange the tables etc.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: All most T-30 for the HHV

          Originally posted by bombnav View Post
          In reality what do we really need.

          Soldering irons, solder, Multi-meters. That hits about 90 % of whats needed.

          I have about 10 irons, tons of solder (solid and paste) and some flux. I have 3 or 4 DVMs and some common tools.

          So bottom line it will work out no matter what we bring, it always does as a lot of people bring their own tools.

          I did not hear but are we getting the same skybox space again this year?

          The key is space... how do we arrange the tables etc.
          I'll try to hit up some of our contacts at distributors and see if we can't get some DMM's and Irons and such donated. No promises but hopefully with those big profit Q1/Q2's we've seen there might be some funds floating around!
          afterburn

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: All most T-30 for the HHV

            Doing some final discussions w/ Russ this weekend. Trying to put together good stuff for you all this year.

            Really working on some intro talks to get more people involved.....

            Might want to bring a laptop....

            LosT

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: All most T-30 for the HHV

              I bring an expendable one every year as it has helped to load the parallax units to test them out for people. I will have one there again. It cool how the HHV is evolving with each con.


              Originally posted by LosT View Post
              Doing some final discussions w/ Russ this weekend. Trying to put together good stuff for you all this year.

              Really working on some intro talks to get more people involved.....

              Might want to bring a laptop....

              LosT

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: All most T-30 for the HHV

                I've got four small weller irons i picked up for HHV specifically over the year. I'm sure i can pick up some more stuff
                - Null Space Labs

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: All most T-30 for the HHV

                  Originally posted by charliex View Post
                  I've got four small weller irons i picked up for HHV specifically over the year. I'm sure i can pick up some more stuff

                  That should help. Seems we need more irons than anything. I have the solder and solder paste handled and some flux and desoldering braid. I need to find a good source for liquid flux.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: All most T-30 for the HHV

                    i'll keep an eye out then.
                    - Null Space Labs

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: All most T-30 for the HHV

                      I am driving up with some friends again, and have room. I am planning on bringing the white boards again (though maybe only one as they didn't get used). I also have a large convention crate that I plan on bringing to secure loose items if needed. Also a clean laptop. I am really looking forward to the HHV. I will even have a couple black boxen, if there is some room for people to tinker. Much more analogue this year.

                      Tie Short
                      -------------------------------------
                      Vaka vanha Väinämöinen
                      käski nuoren, käski vanhan

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: All most T-30 for the HHV

                        Hi, guys!

                        stuff i'm definitely bringing, to share:
                        - Saleae Logic USB logic analyzer
                        - BusPirate (usb to anything serial debugger)
                        - my soldering station
                        - Hot glue gun & super glue (last year's really popular borrowed items)
                        - probably some 5-minute marine epoxy putty (for the same reason)

                        ...plus whatever tools/breadboards/parts I can find out of boxes (i recently moved.... rrrgh)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: All most T-30 for the HHV

                          Originally posted by justryan View Post
                          Hi, guys!

                          stuff i'm definitely bringing, to share:
                          - Saleae Logic USB logic analyzer
                          - BusPirate (usb to anything serial debugger)
                          - my soldering station
                          - Hot glue gun & super glue (last year's really popular borrowed items)
                          - probably some 5-minute marine epoxy putty (for the same reason)

                          ...plus whatever tools/breadboards/parts I can find out of boxes (i recently moved.... rrrgh)
                          what about your HHV-in-a-bag that you showed up with last year
                          afterburn

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X