X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueDuality
    replied
    Re: 2010 DEFCON 18 Ninja Party Announcement

I'm really hoping to get to this. Don't know how much hope I actually have but I won't give up!

Leave a comment:

• Bad "BK" Kobold
    replied

Originally posted by Chris View Post
    Also...come see the Goon Band play Friday night at 8. You never know what we'll be throwing out to people.
    I was planning on catching you guys anyways- because it's the Goon Band!

Anything else, is just a bonus. Cya in 4 days!

You guys only play classical Jesus music right?

Leave a comment:

• barkode
    replied

Originally posted by RuckusKnight View Post
    What talks are being given by Ninjas? Even if I don't score a badge, I have a feeling anyone affiliated with them will probably be an engaging speaker.
    I think Brandon 'cstone' Creighton is talking at BlackHat with Chris Eng on Thursday:

http://blackhat.com/html/bh-us-10/bh...fings.html#Eng

For DEFCON, Jim 'FalconRed' Rennie and Eric Rachner are doing a less technical talk on legal stuff (he's a lawyer) at 2pm on Friday:

http://defcon.org/html/defcon-18/dc-...rs.html#Rennie

Jim's talk is actually going to include a cool/interesting story from Eric about some stuff that went down during urban golfing with a bunch of the Seattle crew. Eric got falsely accused of something, ended up in jail, and hilarity ensued as he sued the balls off of the police department. Pretty cool civil rights story and involves Eric doing some cool technical stuff to figure out what happened to the mysteriously missing video taken by the police car.

Leave a comment:

• RuckusKnight
    replied

What talks are being given by Ninjas? Even if I don't score a badge, I have a feeling anyone affiliated with them will probably be an engaging speaker.

Leave a comment:

• Gadsden
    replied

Yeah...well don't forget when I changed shirts on stage last year someone screamed "Take it off" which was VERY quickly met with cries of "NO LEAVE IT ON!" So you may not want anything we have to throw your way.
    Chris does not throw things when he is happy. If he tosses something your way, DODGE!

Leave a comment:

• RKD
    replied

Originally posted by falconred View Post
    Going to talks given by Ninja Networks staff is probably a good idea
    Truuuuue! Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• falconred
    replied

Originally posted by RKD View Post
    Hi guys. First timer at Def Con this year. So silly question then:

How does one get invited to the party?
    Going to talks given by Ninja Networks staff is probably a good idea

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied

Originally posted by eris View Post
    That's a twist, the band throwing their underwear off the stage....nice!
    Yeah...well don't forget when I changed shirts on stage last year someone screamed "Take it off" which was VERY quickly met with cries of "NO LEAVE IT ON!" So you may not want anything we have to throw your way.

Leave a comment:

• eris
    replied

Also...come see the Goon Band play Friday night at 8. You never know what we'll be throwing out to people.
    That's a twist, the band throwing their underwear off the stage....nice!

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied

I am. and I will. Thanks for advice.

Leave a comment:

• RKD
    replied

Originally posted by eris View Post
    Also, first timer, hit up DC101 talks, 1 PM, Thursday, if you are in town early enough. Not only will you learn how to survive defcon and what sort of total coolness can be found at defcon, you will have the opportunity to win stuff and prizes and things and badges and more stuff and things.
    I am. and I will. Thanks for advice.

Leave a comment:

• eris
    replied

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
    There are presently 2 threads in this forum... The one you replied to and the other one:

FAQ

(Bold emphasis mine.)
    Also, first timer, hit up DC101 talks, 1 PM, Thursday, if you are in town early enough. Not only will you learn how to survive defcon and what sort of total coolness can be found at defcon, you will have the opportunity to win stuff and prizes and things and badges and more stuff and things.

Leave a comment:

• RKD
    replied

Ah! :) My bad CotMan - didn't explore the forum enough on this. Granted it's a bit annoying when folks ask already answered questions.
    Anyhow I guess I'm shit out of luck eh(?) - I'm new and I'm late: the worst possible combo. I will play it by ear then.

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied

There are presently 2 threads in this forum... The one you replied to and the other one:

FAQ
    Originally posted by FAQ
    Q: If I've never had one before, how do I get one?

A: Personally, I struggle with this problem every year. The vast majority of these things go to our long-time friends and family. For the rest, what we try to do is find the best people we can and offer them a badge. It's not a perfect system. What helps is when someone we already know vouches for a new person, or recommends that we give someone a badge. It's sort of like the mob.

If you're totally new to DEFCON and you don't know anyone at all, don't be afraid to just flat out strike up a conversation with someone. Hell, strike up a conversation with me or one of the other Ninjas. We're super friendly (well, most of the time, maybe not first thing Sunday morning...).

Q: What do I need to know before the Con?

A: First, YOU NEED TO BE FOLLOWING @NINJANETWORKS ON TWITTER. This is important. Follow @ninjanetworks on Twitter. Even if you don't have Twitter, download the app to your phone and be ready to use it to read tweets from @ninjanetworks. This is how we'll be distributing real-time information about your badge, and there are time-sensitive events that you will otherwise miss.

Second - get your badge EARLY. Don't wait until Saturday or late Friday. It'll make sense when you see the badge.
    (Bold emphasis mine.)

Leave a comment:

• RKD
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X