X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheBigMan
    replied
    Re: prepaid 3g data plan

I just picked up a Verizon prepaid stick, went online to activate, and it only accepts American based credit cards on the website. Looks like I will have to venture out again tomorrow to purchase gift cards for it.
    Lesson to be learnt: Make sure to get refill cards when you buy the device. :S

Leave a comment:

• falconred
    replied

I live here in LAS and have T-Mobile. We were one of T-Mobile's demo / test 3G markets, so the coverage is quite good... unless you are staying at the Mandalay Bay, which is a coverage black hole.

Leave a comment:

• Nithe
    replied

Thx AK for the info..

sintax i might just reconsider and just take a cab..

Leave a comment:

• abyssknight
    replied

Virgin Mobile USA also recently unveiled a prepaid MiFi hotspot.

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/mobile-broadband

Leave a comment:

• sintax_error
    replied

Originally posted by Nithe View Post
    ... Problem would be getting into frys dead drunk.
    Yes, let's add alcohol to walking 6miles in the desert heat. Great idea, all the cool kids are dying of heatstroke, you know. Here's a better idea, read up on this thread before considering walking anywhere in Las Vegas during the summer.

Leave a comment:

• Nithe
    replied

Guessing theres lot of water/beer holes on the way there.. Problem would be getting into frys dead drunk.

Leave a comment:

• AlxRogan
    replied

Originally posted by Thorn View Post
    Ah. A very good point.

Nithe, feel free to walk.
    Don't forget the black shirt, pants, and trenchcoat.

Leave a comment:

• Thorn
    replied

Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
    Thinning of the herd, Thorn...
    Ah. A very good point.

Nithe, feel free to walk.

Leave a comment:

• HighWiz
    replied

Originally posted by Thorn View Post
    No, it's not. It's about 6 mi (10km) from the Riviera to Fry's. In Las Vegas desert heat in July-August at approximately 100F (37C) and the very low humidity, walking that distance is suicidal unless you're very used to the conditions.
    Thinning of the herd, Thorn...

Leave a comment:

• Thorn
    replied

Thats walking distance.. Cool.
    No, it's not. It's about 6 mi (10km) from the Riviera to Fry's. In Las Vegas desert heat in July-August at approximately 100F (37C) and the very low humidity, walking that distance is suicidal unless you're very used to the conditions.

Leave a comment:

• Nithe
    replied

Thats walking distance.. Cool.

Leave a comment:

• Nikita
    replied

Cool, I have some days to kill before DC, that b an excellent activity. Is it far?
    Google produced this link, with a map, address and phone number. Doesn't look to be too far from the Airport, so I guess it's not far at all then, A ten minute cab ride maybe?

Leave a comment:

• Nithe
    replied

Originally posted by Nikita View Post
    Also...ebay works wonders for me. I've bought cheap phones and sim cards on there. Also, amazon isn't too bad an option either. If it helps to know this, there is a Fry's in Vegas and you KNOW you can get what you need there.
    Cool, I have some days to kill before DC, that b an excellent activity. Is it far?

Leave a comment:

• Nikita
    replied

thx this was useful. Remind me i ow you a couple of beer if you see me..
    Also...ebay works wonders for me. I've bought cheap phones and sim cards on there. Also, amazon isn't too bad an option either. If it helps to know this, there is a Fry's in Vegas and you KNOW you can get what you need there.

Leave a comment:

• nick8ch
    replied

I find the USB VirginMobile EVDO fits my needs and is $99 one time and then you just get refill cards which are good for a month. 1gb is $60 i think. Here is the adapter from BestBuy here in the states... http://bit.ly/aM74q5
    Speed is so-so but works great for normal bandwidth reqs. Works with win/mac and linux if you give it some tlc.

I liked it mainly cuz I can feed it crap info, fake name/address etc... no contract and go to a store pay cash for the refill card. Hope they haven't changed that since I used it last year :)

Just my 2 cents.

nick8ch

Leave a comment:

Working...
X