Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Titanium Chef Challenge... any interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titanium Chef Challenge... any interest?

As the ToxicBBQ has grown and grown it's become increasingly difficult to coordinate the Titanium Chef Challenge. We have tried moving it earlier in the day to keep the grills clear for the main event, but that played hell with people making it to the park in time (least of all me, since i have the DC Shoot and other things happening that morning)

We thought about making the contest just run during the main TBBQ this year, but that would necessitate teams acquiring their own grills and such in order to stay clear of the main cooking that staff are doing.

I am strongly considering putting a halt to it this time around. What are others' thoughts? If people really want to see something like this happen (i know Team Smoke was often keen on participating) maybe it can be pulled off... but i'd like to let this become someone else's baby perhaps.

I do still have the Nintendo DS that was going to be the prize last year. If someone pulls this contest together in a fair and fun way, i'll donate that as the top prize.

Let me know what people would like to do.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: Titanium Chef Challenge... any interest?

I think this is a no-go this year Deviant. I can think of a few ways to put this together where we wouldn’t need to encroach on the grill space needed for Toxic BBQ, but there isnt enough time left this year to make it happen and it's quite clear that interest has waned quite a bit :)

Maybe next year!

Comment

Re: Titanium Chef Challenge... any interest?

Originally posted by VanSmaq View Post
      I think this is a no-go this year ... Maybe next year!
      nod. we'll see what we can see then. glad you're not too mad, i hope. (and i surely do want to try that Jameson glazed bacon if i can!)
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Working...
      X