X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hacker kickball OR kickballcon

co-ed recreational adult kickball!
    bring a touch of friendly midwestern competition to the desert
    i've got balls. nine innings takes less than an hour.
    if we get at least 16 people interested i will find a park to play in - i'm in town all week
    drink beer. kick balls. fall down - what a good day

Re: hacker kickball OR kickballcon

You could try the Toxic BBQ and check with its organizers, as it is in a Park and even has a baseball field, but unless there are genuine kickball enthusiasts at the Toxic BBQ, planning a game would fail to short attention span, or shiny cans of beer and be more difficult to start and play than herding drunk ninja cats.
    Last edited by TheCotMan; July 17, 2010, 12:37.

Comment

Originally posted by mrblong View Post
      co-ed recreational adult kickball!
      bring a touch of friendly midwestern competition to the desert
      i've got balls. nine innings takes less than an hour.
      if we get at least 16 people interested i will find a park to play in - i'm in town all week
      drink beer. kick balls. fall down - what a good day
      Oh that sounds like so much fun, but alas I'd never be able to play as it's hard to get away from the hotel... :-(

Why don't you try to set up a game during toxic BBQ on Thursday? A lot of people would be there regardless, it's in the park, etc. Good luck, sounds like good ole fashioned does of awesomesauce.
      "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

aww great idea, thanks! you can count on it
        i'll just bring a ball out to the park then & see if a couple of pick up games may be in the cards

Comment

aww great idea, thanks! you can count on it
          i'll just bring a ball out to the park then & see if a couple of pick up games may be in the cards
          As TheCotMan said above, you may want to make sure to check with the organizers Londo or GM1, as they do have a permit for the area down there (I don't know how far it "extends") and you don't want to have extra headaches.

But if you clear it with them, please post back here, cause I would definitely be interested in playing.
          And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
            You could try the Toxic BBQ and check with its organizers, as it is in a Park and even has a baseball field
            It does seem like a good venue for this event. My friend was so excited that he got to do some group hacking at last year's Toxic BBQ. People are looking for good group events, and, happily, they don't seem to mind moving around in the heat.

Besides, there is a lot of down time between waiting for grill space and trying to figure out the best way to wash raw meat off your hands when the soap dispenser runs out.

more difficult to start and play than herding dunk ninja cats.
            I have a Ninja cat, and, speaking from experience, you'll never see the strike coming if you try to dunk him.

Comment

... more difficult to start and play than herding dunk ninja cats.
              Originally posted by Voltage Spike View Post
              I have a Ninja cat, and, speaking from experience, you'll never see the strike coming if you try to dunk him.
              Heh-heh. What a difference and omitted "r" can make. Edited my post s/dunk/drunk/. Thanks!

Comment

I would be interested as well!

Comment

cool, hey all: we got permission granted from the organizers for kickball at the toxic bbq.
                  so when you see someone with the big red ball or see it like on one of the diamonds then game on.

Comment

cool, hey all: we got permission granted from the organizers for kickball at the toxic bbq.
                    so when you see someone with the big red ball or see it like on one of the diamonds then game on.
                    Moved to the Toxic BBQ Event Forum so Toxic BBQ Forum Leaders/Organizers can manage this thread as they want, such as set it as a sticky or split it, or something else. Also, people looking for events at the Toxic BBQ can now find it more easily.

A redirect from the old location (/dev/random) points to the new location. The redirect will expire in 1 week leaving only the original thread in place.

Good luck!

Comment

I would definitely be interested in some kickball. As a side note, this may be something best done before everyone gets full of meat and more beer than they already are. I would think maybe doing it at the very beginning of Toxic BBQ may be a good idea, perhaps while everything is cooking. Otherwise we may lose a player or 2 or 8 to sickness.

Comment

Working...
                      X