• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noid
    replied
    Re: Range Safety Officers

Originally posted by astcell View Post
    How are we doing for hearing protection for folks who stop on by? Do we have enough?
    If I can find them, I'll toss a bag of cheapie ear plugs (foam variety) in the bag. The way I see it, its up to the folks attending to be responsible for themselves. If you've got no guns, no ammo, and no hearing protection, I kinda have to wonder why you're gonna be at the shoot in the first place..

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied

I did time working on Army ranges and was a military instructor. I will have firearms there and I can volunteer to take a crop of newbies under my wing who need some basic firearms instruction. It's not right for a newbie to learn everything from one of their buddies who got his first gun a month ago.

How are we doing for hearing protection for folks who stop on by? Do we have enough?

Leave a comment:

• sintax_error
    replied

Toss my hat into the lot if you need an extra man.

Leave a comment:

• Merciless_Mike
    replied

It took a lot of figuring out, but I'll be there!!! As usual, I will RSO as I did last year.

Leave a comment:

• FirmWarez
    replied

I'll step up if needed. That said I think my natural tendencies are better put to use (considering the number signed up) teaching new guys, and I'm going to bring a lot of ammo to use up. I'd also like to volunteer to be medical on scene....and then I RTFP from Boreal. I'm only a volunteer guy, but I'll be happy to serve as back-up! Just put me to work one way or another...
    Last edited by FirmWarez; July 24th, 2010, 05:55. Reason: RTFP

Leave a comment:

• Boreal
    replied

I'd be willing to be part time Safety guy (I want to shoot a little too... or a lot) and full time Med guy. I've got a pretty complete jump kit so I can help with medical needs ranging from a bandaid to IV/IO access.

Of course, I'd be more than happy if nobody needed those services.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Tran
    replied

I'm up for helping if needed

Leave a comment:

• Kyord
    replied

As I'm not bringing my own guns this year and will do little shooting, I'd love to help!

Leave a comment:

• noid
    replied

I'll volunteer again.

To whomever also decides to step up, please keep in mind that when acting in an RSO capacity that's where your attention needs to be. If you are coming to the shoot to shoot a lot (your guns or others), or like to really get involved with teaching folks, then being an RSO might not be for you. The folks we had helping last year were fantastic in this regard. When it was time to watch the line, that's what they did.

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    started a topic Range Safety Officers

Range Safety Officers

Can i get a hand-raising of folk who are willing to act as Range Safety Officers for part of the Shoot? As in years past, we really just need a minimum of two people at any given time to help enforce the firing line... no one crosses when hot, no one handles steel when cold.
Working...
X