Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is one thing you've always wanted to do at DEFCON but have never gotten to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is one thing you've always wanted to do at DEFCON but have never gotten to do?

With me, it is the friggin forum meet. I have always wanted to go to the meet and something always happens that ends up sidetracking me so I never end up going.

This year is going to be my year though dammit!

I've always wanted to check out coffee wars too, and never got around to it.

Re: What is one thing you've always wanted to do at DEFCON but have never gotten to d

Attend Defcon itself. :)
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Comment

Re: What is one thing you've always wanted to do at DEFCON but have never gotten to d

Toxic BBQ. It occurs at the same time that I am running the Vendor setup so I've never been able to go. Maybe someday.
      perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Find a ninja before all of the badges/invites are gone.....too many shadows
        Vell, WiK's just zis guy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
          Toxic BBQ. It occurs at the same time that I am running the Vendor setup so I've never been able to go. Maybe someday.
          Yeah I'm gonna second this one. NEVER heard of a bad BBQ ;) But I definitely want to hit this up this year. !!

Comment

Seen any part of Vegas that isn't on the way to or from the Riv... I plan to change that this year.

If you mean at con, I'm with the find a ninja badge before they are all gone.
            Originally posted by Ellen
            Do I wish we could all be like hexjunkie? Heck yes I do. :) That would rock.

Comment

I've only been to Defcon once, but I missed out on both the Toxic BBQ cause I got into town late, and the Forum Meetup because I wasn't really active. I feel like I really missed out in getting to those. Also Hacker Pimps, I was disappointed that people from Florida hosted a huge party and I didn't even know about it at the time :x
              "As Arthur C Clarke puts it, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic". Here is my corollary: "Any sufficiently technical expert is indistinguishable from a witch"."

Comment

Unlike those crazy men and women that work during Defcon (thanks goons!) so I can have fun, I pretty much do what I want when I want. Toxic BBQ, Defcon Shoot, SushiCon, and more. Obviously, there are things I don't get to do like get into all of the parties, but this does not stop me from having a great time.

Every Defcon there is always contention for my time with many choices or options. What I would like to do at Defcon that I have never been able to do? Experience all of the things that I want to experience without forfeiting all other things I am not doing when doing just one thing I've decided to do. A time machine might help.

Comment

I've always wanted to beat a baby panda bear to death with my fists..and sadly every Defcon leaves me wanting...

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Um, relax.

Not sleep under a table in the contest area.

Comment

SushiCon. Some how I always end up missing it.
                      “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Comment

Originally posted by hexjunkie View Post
                        Seen any part of Vegas that isn't on the way to or from the Riv... I plan to change that this year.

If you mean at con, I'm with the find a ninja badge before they are all gone.
                        One thing I'd like to do this con is find a ninja badge, and of course grab one.
                        Looking at old ones now.
                        I'm h00p

--

"Ask not, what your Country should hack for you..."

Comment

Originally posted by noid View Post
                          I've always wanted to beat a baby panda bear to death with my fists..and sadly every Defcon leaves me wanting...
                          Thats funny, I just so happen to have packed a baby panda in my carry on. Here I thought it was superfluous.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet View Post
                            Is that still going on? Heh.. have not made that one in a couple years now.

Originally posted by LosT View Post
                            Um, relax.

Not sleep under a table in the contest area.
                            I wrote that one off YEARS ago.

Originally posted by noid View Post
                            How about a spotted owl shoot? We may be able to arrange that...
                            Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet View Post
                              Originally posted by Gadsden View Post
                              Is that still going on? Heh.. have not made that one in a couple years now.
                              I went last year and 2 or 3 years before that. I asked GM1 about this last year for forum creation with respect to contests/events for Defcon 18, but no confirmation that it will happen, so the forum was not created.

Comment

Working...
                              X