HHV Perspective, post-con

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HHV Perspective, post-con

I really enjoyed seeing people's projects in the HHV. I got to see a MakerBot for the first time (thanks to Dr. Volts?). The only bummer for me was it kept closing for the night, kicking everyone out.

I'm not sure if that was a conscious decision, forcing people to get out and be social, but every time it closed, I was sad. I think it's just that I miss the steady, communal grind of the all-nighter.

Comment

Originally posted by lexxmac View Post
      DCFluX: I've already got a small device that is designed to be a "soldering kit" that could be very easily modified to be a badge (I think an older version of it was a badge for a summer "engineering" camp).
      If we can, We should have an assortment of kits. And people could buy them all and collect a set or something.

I told Joe he should score some of those AVR simon kits Parallax has next year, that would be a good beginner board as it looks like it would take 15 minutes tops and it has function.

The one I am working on most people are going to look at the bag of parts and be like "OMFG!" But I am doing it that way because it is repetitive and people tend to get better at a task the more they repeat it.

I'd like to get different color boards made to add a little personalization to the kits. I'm aiming in the $20 range, Looks like $4-$6 or so for just the LEDs from an eBay vendor, which alot cheaper than I'd thought it was going to be, I'm used to Digikey prices.

Comment

Originally posted by DCFluX View Post
        I'd like to get different color boards made to add a little personalization to the kits. I'm aiming in the $20 range, Looks like $4-$6 or so for just the LEDs from an eBay vendor, which alot cheaper than I'd thought it was going to be, I'm used to Digikey prices.
        Dr K was approached by a chip provider about sponsoring something for the HHV so we might be able to get some chips cheap or donated. c0re and I were also approached by a potential sponsor for making some kits. As we get more info we'll let you know. I really like KillerSpud's idea of spinning this out to another thread or even a wiki. I previously set up a wiki for the HHV and it was used but quickly abandoned. I have plenty of bandwidth and storage for it if we need it. Let me know and I'll spin one up again. Old one is at http://hhv.udarknet.com. Let's keep this momentum of ideas going and hopefully it carries over to next year!
        afterburn

Comment

Working...
        X