• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A
    replied
    Re: HHV Perspective, post-con

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
    Post constructive criticism for the organizers of the HHV to answer, or consider.
    Please do.

(And before everyone brings up the topic of power on the tables, it was something we worked on getting fixed all weekend but there just wasn't enough to be had at the hotel. We will have more power next year.)

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied
    Re: HHV Perspective, post-con

Originally posted by lexxmac View Post
    This was my first DEFCON. Overall, I enjoyed meeting new people, catching some interesting talks, and the general atmosphere.

However, I was rather disappointed in the the hardware hacking village. It was far more disorganized and uninviting than I expected. I helped several people repair their badges on Sunday with nothing more than a pencil bag full of tools, a multimeter, and one of the public soldering irons.

I certainly have some suggestions and think there is much room for improvement. I know this forum is closing soon so I will save my ideas and repost them there. Just wondering if anyone can second the opinion.
    Only the "Planning forum for Defcon 18" will close soon. The forums for all of these Defcon 18 contests/events will probably remain open through to November or December. They may even be open for a few weeks while the Defcon 19 forums for contests and events are opened later this year.

As for things that suck at Defcon -- these become opportunities to volunteer, help out and offer your skills to make it better. That is pretty much how everything seems to work at Defcon... find something that you think could be made better, offer to help, or help and then contribute what you think is missing. It is what we make it. Post constructive criticism for the organizers of the HHV to answer, or consider.

Good luck!
    Last edited by TheCotMan; August 2, 2010, 19:44.

Leave a comment:

• lexxmac
    started a topic HHV Perspective, post-con

HHV Perspective, post-con

This was my first DEFCON. Overall, I enjoyed meeting new people, catching some interesting talks, and the general atmosphere.

However, I was rather disappointed in the the hardware hacking village. It was far more disorganized and uninviting than I expected. I helped several people repair their badges on Sunday with nothing more than a pencil bag full of tools, a multimeter, and one of the public soldering irons.

I certainly have some suggestions and think there is much room for improvement. I know this forum is closing soon so I will save my ideas and repost them there. Just wondering if anyone can second the opinion.
Working...
X