Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• n00b impressions and badge help request

Hello everyone,

First let me say that I just got back from attending my first Defcon, which was awesome. I'm normally a software guy, and never really soldered anything in my life, but I'm now inspired to start learning some of this stuff. Unfortunately, I arrived after all the regular badges were gone. I don't mind the paper badge, as at least it is something. However, I lost mine on day 3. I am inspired, however, by the honorable mention of the paper badge hacker, and the whole "work with the tools you have" mentality, so I've decided to try to make myself another paper badge, and laminate it myself. Can anyone point me to an online image of the front and back of the defcon 18 paper badge? (I know there are schematics and part definitions on the CD for the "human badge", and that theoretically I could make myself one of those, but I think my ability is more toward the former for now.

Nice to meet you all,

False axiom

Re: n00b impressions and badge help request

Originally posted by false axiom View Post
    Hello everyone,

<stuff>

False axiom

PM me your address and I'll just send you mine. Glad you had fun. :)
    cows like candy

Comment

Awe. Good things come to those who post.
      ======================================
      DJ Jackalope
      dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
      ======================================

Comment

Originally posted by veruus View Post
        PM me your address and I'll just send you mine. Glad you had fun. :)
        Done. Thanks veruus!

Comment

Way solid of you Versus. DEFCON people are awesome. It really is a community and we look out for each other.
          Now with more molecules!

Comment

Hello everyone,

First let me say that I just got back from attending my first Defcon, which was awesome. I'm normally a software guy, and never really soldered anything in my life, but I'm now inspired to start learning some of this stuff. Unfortunately, I arrived after all the regular badges were gone. I don't mind the paper badge, as at least it is something. However, I lost mine on day 3. I am inspired, however, by the honorable mention of the paper badge hacker, and the whole "work with the tools you have" mentality, so I've decided to try to make myself another paper badge, and laminate it myself. Can anyone point me to an online image of the front and back of the defcon 18 paper badge? (I know there are schematics and part definitions on the CD for the "human badge", and that theoretically I could make myself one of those, but I think my ability is more toward the former for now.

Nice to meet you all,

False axiom
            There is a LAX hackerspace. Many of them went to Def Con. IIRC, the bac badges came from thereabouts. Go meet them. :)

-kive

Comment

Originally posted by kive View Post
              There is a LAX hackerspace. Many of them went to Def Con. IIRC, the bac badges came from thereabouts. Go meet them. :)

-kive
              That would be "Null Space Labs" http://032.la </shameless plug> ;)

a member named arko made them.

Comment

Hello everyone,

Nice to meet you all,

False axiom
                I don't have a scanner or I'd post images of the paper badge. On a related note, my tamper evidence team and I found the Fedex/Kinkos where they were printed. An employee saw mine and her eyes glazed over, thousand yard stare, as she recalled spending 4 hours cutting them out of the laminate sheets. The extent of my social engineering was asking to buy one (to write something funny on pre-laminate) and it was refused.

Comment

Originally posted by jkthecjer View Post
                  I don't have a scanner or I'd post images of the paper badge. On a related note, my tamper evidence team and I found the Fedex/Kinkos where they were printed. An employee saw mine and her eyes glazed over, thousand yard stare, as she recalled spending 4 hours cutting them out of the laminate sheets. The extent of my social engineering was asking to buy one (to write something funny on pre-laminate) and it was refused.
                  http://sadtrombone.com
                  cows like candy

Comment

Working...
                  X