Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who has pictures up?

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
    My stolen camera was never recovered from DC16 :P I'm still convinced some prostitutes stole it.
    Hmm if I find it I'll share THOSE pics :)
    Originally posted by Ellen
    Do I wish we could all be like hexjunkie? Heck yes I do. :) That would rock.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
      Hey... can we see some pictures to steal from you then?

And Roamer...you are very good at taking pictures since you were in like 50% of them!!!
      Heh. Yeah. Both during our practice and the show I handed my camera off to people so that we could get some pictures for the facebook group page.
      perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

My videos are at the link and at youtube.

http://23b.org/gallery/v/23b_members/astcell/DC/18/

Still working on pics, a few hundred a day.
        astcell
        Human Rights Issuer
        Last edited by astcell; August 5, 2010, 12:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post

Hey Chris

On Page 3

Pictures IMG_0432.JPG IMG_0433.JPG and IMG_0434.JPG

where is that location? is that at the top of Stratosphere Tower ?

Comment

Thanks, ASTcell!
            ======================================
            DJ Jackalope
            dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
            ======================================

Comment

Originally posted by SkYzOpReNiCk View Post
              Hey Chris

On Page 3

Pictures IMG_0432.JPG IMG_0433.JPG and IMG_0434.JPG

where is that location? is that at the top of Stratosphere Tower ?
              Nope. That is from the outside area of the Voodoo Lounge at the Rio. Those pictures were taken when the department heads went to the Rio on Monday to check out the convention spaces for next year.
              perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

oh nice, thanks. will try to sneak up there next year :surprised

Comment

I have very few photos up here. Jackalope will be happy to know that "The Chicken" photos are not publicly available :P

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joesmoo...7624656085274/

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
                    They will be here:

http://23b.org/gallery/v/23b_members/astcell/DC/18/

But the image size exceeds 26GB right now, I need time to parse it down a bit!
                    Nice collection of photos... my camera broke after taking three photos, so unfortunately I did not get many. Looks like you got a good number of our team however, so that works.
                    perl -e 's==UBER?=+y[:-o]}(;->\n{q-yp-y+k}?print:??;-p#)'

Comment

I tossed the few pics I shot this year up on pics.defcon.org and flickr. Awesome stuff from everyone :)

Comment

speaking of pictures... does anyone have a good suggestion for free online photo gallery managers? there are loads of them out there, but many just seem insanely annoying or packaged with registrations, limitations, etc (i have a friend who uses, for example, SnapFish... and it always asks me to register to view her photos... what is that nonsense about?)

the only two major services out there that seem even moderately workable are Flikr and Picasa. i really don't like Flikr's interface (the way it crops and thumbnails in an attempt to look more "artsy" and Picasa involves giving all my images to Google (hell, maybe they have them anyway from my own site's archive) and it is limited to a single Gigabyte.

the ideal would be something like the 23b.org gallery... are there any free services that use Gallery software? or should i just send a bottle of whiskey and a block of hash to the right person in SoCal somehow to be added as a user there, hah.
                        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                        - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                          speaking of pictures... does anyone have a good suggestion for free online photo gallery managers? ....

Try Webshots.com, Might not be the best but allows for some of the points you addressed.

Comment

speaking of pictures... does anyone have a good suggestion for free online photo gallery managers?
                            It can be a bit of a hassle, but I would recommend you roll your own. That way it can do what *you* want it to, and nothing else. Whats on http://dc949.org/picturedump/ is pretty basic, but it gets the job done and its easy as shit to add new content for us.

Comment

i keep searching, but nothing else comes close to our friends in SoCal... does anyone know what software they use in that gallery? it appears to run simply on PHP. is this it?
                              "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                              - Trent Reznor

Comment

i keep searching, but nothing else comes close to our friends in SoCal... does anyone know what software they use in that gallery? it appears to run simply on PHP. is this it?
                                Yup, that is it. we pretty much use a straight gallery 2 install, (default skin too). Might be some mods added (i'm really unsure, I don't run it), but noting major off the default.

Comment

Working...
                                X