Missed connections...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed connections...

I'm sure this will go bad in a few hours with some pool2girl jokes, but what the heck::

Who did you see but you didn't get their name, etc??
    Was there something that you saw that you didn't get contact info for?

That sort of thing.

Mine was: Does anyone know the DnB radio station guy from Texas who was talking to me during my set at the Cyberpunk ball about being on their radio show?
    ======================================
    DJ Jackalope
    dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
    ======================================

Re: Missed connections...

A hacker by the handle of Moriarty. No real name for him, nor an email, just a handle. Which is in ways, almost preferable when one contemplates.
    Note on the screen name: The CH is pronounced as a K, and there's a bit of an amusing story behind it involving two other fellows known as El Conquistador and Hank the Hobo...... And a blue bus.... With people in it.

Comment

1: A female hacker from the LA area named "C00k13" that I taught soldering at the HHV. Didn't get her contact info because her boss told her not to give it out, It took me an hour just to get her first name.

2: A guy with a press badge that wanted to interview me for a podcast and never found me in the HHV.

Comment

The Asian girl that was with her two gringo friends up from USC. You all rode with me out to the shoot and we had a blast but I didn't get your contact info.

Comment

The little dude with writing all over his face at the party on Sunday night. Didn't catch a name, but he got home safe.

Comment

I think his name was Pye, he drank to much and in a short amount of time.

I believe the writing on his face was -

Dont fall asleep at Defcon
            NOOB
            A Penis pointed to his mouth
            other misc. pics.

He was from the Hilton, and last name started with Mart.... but I figure he learned his lesson and will come back next year better for it.

Originally posted by el_mariachi View Post
            The little dude with writing all over his face at the party on Sunday night. Didn't catch a name, but he got home safe.
            +++ Dallas +++

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
              I think his name was Pye, he drank to much and in a short amount of time.

I believe the writing on his face was -

Dont fall asleep at Defcon
              NOOB
              A Penis pointed to his mouth
              other misc. pics.

He was from the Hilton, and last name started with Mart.... but I figure he learned his lesson and will come back next year better for it.
              Ah, now I remember him.
              Thanks Dallas.
              Thanks to the blonde girl that was watching out too.

The other one I didn't catch the name of was the big guy at the HFC table who talked BT4 and Jiu-jitsu for a while. And thanks for the shwag!

Comment

I missed the name of the gal I was hanging out with in the HHV sunday, and my co-workers won't stop giving me shit about it. Her ninja badge said "Aux." I was the one who turned his badge into an oscilloscope.

Comment

Sarah... she save me 3 hours of waiting in line for my badge Thursday morning by buying my badge for me.
                  Vell, WiK's just zis guy

Comment

Originally posted by namniart View Post
                    I missed the name of the gal I was hanging out with in the HHV sunday, and my co-workers won't stop giving me shit about it. Her ninja badge said "Aux." I was the one who turned his badge into an oscilloscope.
                    Perhaps this is the droid you are looking for:

https://forum.defcon.org/member.php?u=27904

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
                      That sort of thing.
                      I really should have added a 'hug and kiss from my wife' when Rachel asked what I wanted to give the EFF for my 'hawk. Triksie would've been all over that...
                      TSA luvs my Uzi.

"We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time." -T.S. Eliot

Comment

Originally posted by DCFluX View Post
                        Perhaps this is the droid you are looking for:

https://forum.defcon.org/member.php?u=27904
                        Ding ding ding! Hi!

Comment

Originally posted by Aux View Post
                          Ding ding ding! Hi!
                          Thanks all!

@Aux: I never did find you on twitter. I'm sure you can find me if you're interested.

Comment

Crazy mystery hacker and a bowl of pho: here's hoping for year 8.
                            Mystery crazy hacker and a bowl of pho: here's hoping our cons line up next year.
                            if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by converge View Post
                              Crazy mystery hacker and a bowl of pho: here's hoping for year 8.
                              Mystery crazy hacker and a bowl of pho: here's hoping our cons line up next year.
                              8 Years? Have we really been trying for Pho for 8 years? Dang.

It might actually happen next year. i will be there, and Lost said this was the last year of the Lost @ Con Mystery Contest. Will everything line up? Will it really happen? Tune in next year, and find out! After 8 years of trying, people are going to start calling us "special" or slow. Whoops! Too late. ]:>

My missed connections:
                              All the people I missed seeing this year at Defcon.

I think you and mfreeck are the only Defcon people out of my area that I've seen this year. I almost made out to the Black Lodge thing when I was out there, but the interruption with other people that would have given me time away from them to spend time at the black lodge event was itself interrupted by something else, stealing back my visiting time with the people I was visiting. (It is ok if this is difficult to parse. ;-)

I'm thinking the camp-out would be a good thing to visit for a few days and hope rain does hit that same weekend. I wonder if lost would fly out for that. Maybe we could all make our own Pho camp-out style.

Comment

Working...
                              X