DEFCON Music Mix CD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEFCON Music Mix CD's

This year was my first con. Glad I went, it was definitely good stuff! While there in the vendor area I purchased one of the Defcon Music mix CD's that was playing in there. 1 for $10 or 8 for $40. I bought one. Should have bought them all. I got the DC18 mix and love it! Live and learn.

Anyway, my question is: Is there anyplace where I can obtain copies of the others? An online store or something? Besides the obvious "Buy them all at Defcon 19".

Thanks in advance!

Re: DEFCON Music Mix CD's

Originally posted by xniko View Post
    1 for $10 or 8 for $40. I bought one. Should have bought them all. I got the DC18 mix and love it! Live and learn.

!

Was it that downtempo from the booth with the speakers and the cool people in it? Green Sector?
    ======================================
    DJ Jackalope
    dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!

Comment

Yes, the jazzy kinda beat at the booth that was kinda setup like a large circuit board with psychedelic colors.

I am actually surprised at the little response. Music was cool, people were cool, I would have thought more forum-goers would know what I am talking about and where to get it.

Comment

I wanted to get to DJ Lahbug but didn't. That seems to be my favorite from all the samples from the posted dj's. I downloaded three of her tracks so at least I have that. Not exactly on topic, but my $.02 on defcon music.

Comment

Hmm, I saw those. I had already bought 4 Jackalope CDs and 2 Dual Core so I was kind of music'ed out. If they're good I'll have to check them out next year (unless you find them for sale online!)

Not really a contribution, but if you do find the source online, mention it so I can pick some up.

Melesse
          Secretary

Comment

Originally posted by xniko View Post
            Yes, the jazzy kinda beat at the booth that was kinda setup like a large circuit board with psychedelic colors.

I am actually surprised at the little response. Music was cool, people were cool, I would have thought more forum-goers would know what I am talking about and where to get it.
            You may want to PM Shadowvex and ask him about where to get the music played at the Green Sector booth. Speaking as someone who spends the majority of con in the vendor area, I totally appreciate the tunes they put together for the con. With all the chaos of the con, it's a nice environment to relax.
            Aut disce aut discede

Comment

(I already embarrassed xniko by telling them contact info was on the cd...they were just too jazzed about the cd, it just never left the cd deck for them to look! that's mad props to dj dela.) //end
              DJ Jackalope

send in the drop bears!

Comment

Yep, I am officially a retard! Right on the face of the CD sitting in my player. moontribe.org.

Thanks to DJ Jackalope for pointing out the obvious to me.

Comment

You may be able to snag/steal free mixes/tracks by checking out the DJ profiles on the http://defcon.org/html/defcon-18/dc-...rtainment.html page. We tried to add as many DJ social-networking links as possible in their profiles. Pay special attention to soundcloud/mixcloud links if you see 'em.
                  | | |

Comment

Originally posted by greatscott View Post
                    You may be able to snag/steal free mixes/tracks by checking out the DJ profiles on the http://defcon.org/html/defcon-18/dc-...rtainment.html page. We tried to add as many DJ social-networking links as possible in their profiles. Pay special attention to soundcloud/mixcloud links if you see 'em.
                    Yep, that's what I did. Brilliant! :surprised

Comment

Originally posted by Club81 View Post
                      Yep, that's what I did. Brilliant! :surprised
                      Glad to be of service :)

Cutting/mastering the recordings from the events should be taken care of also probably by mid next week
                      | | |

Comment

Originally posted by greatscott View Post
                        Glad to be of service :)

Cutting/mastering the recordings from the events should be taken care of also probably by mid next week
                        So the actual hour of each DJ at the pool area is going to be available? If so, that's sweet. I look forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Club81 View Post
                          So the actual hour of each DJ at the pool area is going to be available? If so, that's sweet. I look forward to it!
                          Yeppers! Taking care of Saturday pool as we speak, Friday pool tomorrow, and the ballroom stuff this weekend. Meant to do it last week, but got held up >_<
                          | | |

Comment

Nice! Looking forward to the DJ Lahbug material.

Comment

Can't wait. Thanks to everyone for doing all of the different dj stages this year!!
                              DJ Jackalope

send in the drop bears!

Comment

Working...
                              X