Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anonymous Proxies for Linux

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have a recommendation for a anonymous proxy service that works with a Linux platform?

I am looking for something where I can connect to the proxy via an IP address and port number (services like Anonymizer.com WILL NOT WORK for me). Also, I am not interested in using Tor, which is too slow/unreliable for me. I am willing to pay for this service.

Thanks in advance.
    --BC,

Re: Anonymous Proxies for Linux

Originally posted by big chopper View Post
    Hello everyone,

Does anyone have a recommendation for a anonymous proxy service that works with a Linux platform?

I am looking for something where I can connect to the proxy via an IP address and port number (services like Anonymizer.com WILL NOT WORK for me). Also, I am not interested in using Tor, which is too slow/unreliable for me. I am willing to pay for this service.

Thanks in advance.
    --BC,
    What does Linux matter for an Internet proxy?

And look up VPN proxies, there are a few services out there, some as cheap as 5 bucks a month.

I've used hideIPvpn. It's cheap and effective.

If you are talking untraceable, make some friends in foreign countries with reliable Internet connectivity.
    Originally posted by Ellen
    Do I wish we could all be like hexjunkie? Heck yes I do. :) That would rock.

Comment

Originally posted by hexjunkie View Post
      What does Linux matter for an Internet proxy?
      <snip>
      The Linux part is important because some (of the more popular) anonymous browsing services, like Anonymizer or HideMyIP intercept traffic and only work in Windows. They don't have an IP address/port that you can configure your browser to connect to.

I will try your other suggestion. THANKS!
      --BC,

Comment

Originally posted by big chopper View Post
        The Linux part is important because some (of the more popular) anonymous browsing services, like Anonymizer or HideMyIP intercept traffic and only work in Windows. They don't have an IP address/port that you can configure your browser to connect to.

I will try your other suggestion. THANKS!
        --BC,
        Hmm, vie never run into that... I don't use windows for anything so maybe that is the reason.

Thanks for the bit of knowledge though :)
        Originally posted by Ellen
        Do I wish we could all be like hexjunkie? Heck yes I do. :) That would rock.

Comment

I don't use Windows either, so I'm not familiar with the Windows-specific issues.

A few days ago I was debugging something with my OpenVPN server. In the course of Googling an answer I found a link that somebody recommended. I have no personal experience with it. vpnhere.com.

Are you looking for a specific type of VPN, e.g. PPTP or IPSEC or something else?
          "Men entrusted with power, even those aware of its dangers, tend, particularly when pressured, to slight liberty." - , The Church Committee, April 26 (legislative day, April 14), 1976

Comment

Working...
          X