Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will DC19: Official and Unofficial Events and Contests be open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will DC19: Official and Unofficial Events and Contests be open?

I have a new unofficial contest I want to post about!
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
    [ redacted ]

Re: When will DC19: Official and Unofficial Events and Contests be open?

Originally posted by bascule View Post
    I have a new unofficial contest I want to post about!
    In the call for returning contests/events, I mentioned that I would be rolling out the returning contests/events forums around mid-September. I'm still on schedule for that. For new contests, that is a different matter. Once the returning contests for Defcon 19 are rolled out, "New Ideas" will be open. (The same forum will be used and moved into the Defcon 19 contests/events forum.) You can discuss new ideas there now, if it is still open. As for getting a forum, forums are made for contests and events that have been given a nod from one of the people that runs a space for contests/event, or for contests that don't happen at the Defcon site, a nod from DT.

Nikita, Pyr0, DT and probably Grifter are the people you would want to talk to. Get a nod from them and I can make a forum. Your problem is that they probably don't want to start working on Defcon 19 now, and won't want to deal with this until early next year.

The only reason I make forums for the returning contests is that they were previously okayed, and there is an expectation that they will be okayed again the following year. These new forums are also made with an understanding that if the person in charge of the space says the even is not going to happen, that the forum is closed. (Forums follow the decisions of the goons/staff in charge of the spaces that permit contests/events.)

Hope this helps!
    -Cot (still on vacation)

Comment

I'll certainly post under new ideas
      45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
      45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
      [ redacted ]

Comment

Originally posted by bascule View Post
        I'll certainly post under new ideas
        bascule: fill out the RFI brother:
        https://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?t=12113

Comment

Working...
        X